Derby Evening Telegraph

Ken Tram

I have just visited the Derby Evening Telegraph (first time in ages) ... and it didn't play an annoying video.

I was so amazed, I had to share it.

I literally read an entire article about Rowett's comments without any music, video or pop-ups!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I have just visited the Derby Evening Telegraph (first time in ages) ... and it didn't play an annoying video.

I was so amazed, I had to share it.

I literally read an entire article about Rowett's comments without any music, video or pop-ups!

Have they turned down the invasive level of the ads? Or, has your "Impoverishment of Davao" extension got better?

I'd consider allowing ads on it if they weren't the crazy level they once were.

David would definitely ban me for saying this but I actually donated money to ad blocker. Got an email back thanking me saying I am one of the 0.9 per cent that pay for it... and it's worth every penny. Mind you the DET is becoming click-bait central with poor subbing, editing and dodgy headline: "Click here to see what Ince said".  :huh:

47 minutes ago, David said:

And here's me thinking you actually enjoyed this forum.....guess it makes it easier to flick the off switch and redirect you all to Derby Mad

I just went back to the Dark Side to see if it was any worse then before.. It's actually got much worse! After screen filled up with 2 ads I was then greeted with a full screen ad. Had to wait 5 seconds before pressing X safe to say I didn't wait for the counter to go all the way down I pressed the X to get off that ***** site.. There is me thinking it couldn't of got much worse!!

29 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

I just went back to the Dark Side to see if it was any worse then before.. It's actually got much worse! After screen filled up with 2 ads I was then greeted with a full screen ad. Had to wait 5 seconds before pressing X safe to say I didn't wait for the counter to go all the way down I pressed the X to get off that ***** site.. There is me thinking it couldn't of got much worse!!

Blame ad block users. 

I will simply turn the site off before making it totally unusable for those that don't have them installed.

It gets laughed off, bit of fun but I'm being serious. If this site doesn't cover it's costs,  game over, some other mug can go out of pocket keeping a forum online. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Blame ad block users. 

I will simply turn the site off before making it totally unusable for those that don't have them installed.

It gets laughed off, bit of fun but I'm being serious. If this site doesn't cover it's costs,  game over, some other mug can go out of pocket keeping a forum online. 

Best forum by miles. 

Oh I am a creep though. 

8 hours ago, David said:

guess it makes it easier to flick the off switch and redirect you all to Derby Mad

What is Derby Mad? Sounds bad.

Please educate me (again)!!!

PS. There have been a couple of ads on here recently that I clicked because I thought that they were part of the site. But they're usually fairly unobtrusive.

If it wasn't for the ads i wouldn't get to meet any Easy Lay Matures, Hot Asian babes, Russian women, fitness fantatic 30 somethings desperate for my attention, amputees who want to get horny etc etc.

Its a bit off putting when you're trying to type though.

34 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Truly horrific, if you've posted a link to this site it wasn't obvious.

Tell me again David, how can i contribute financially to keep the best DCFC forum viable?

Keep posting and like all mine

On other forums I visit (not football related as this is the best Rams one) they have the donate bar at the top on the home page and it keeps a track of where your at in the monthly donations your after to run the site etc. Always useful to remind people it doesn't come for free and more likely to get people donating if they feel they are contributing a bit. 

I don't think anyone would begrudge you that option David and I'm sure most would be very supportive. 

Archived