Hughesy

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I like Higher but I have to say, he has been a shadow of his former self since signing a new contract. 

He hasn't looked fit since getting injured against Leicester. Was controlling quite a few games up til then.

I can only assume Rowett is trying to get him fit again. Queue a start vs Huddersfield i think. 

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

We were not really lucky against Birmingham. I was there. I will judge what I have seen. We were better when he went off against Fulham (when we really were lucky to be winning at HT) and better against Birmingham. I'm not there today so I won't judge what I haven't seen.

The full quote from Rowett does say that he "generally" doesn't want to change a winning team, but it also includes a mention of resting players for certain fixtures. From Fulham to Hudds on Monday, we've been facing a Tues-Sat-Fri- Mon. 4 games in 13 days. Birmingham had the players who changed the game at Fulham starting and this is unchanged from the winning team at Birmingham.

In the last 3 games, there has been one change as far as starting lineups go. I think that fits the bill as 'generally' the same team.

I would still have Vydra in for Butterfield personally but it's not an inaccurate statement is it? If you want to misinterpret it and use that misinterpretation as a stick to beat him with, that's your problem.

Ooooohhwer

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

But shipped 3 goals when he came on .

Just saying. 

Midfield was being totally outclassed first half and we weren't creating much of note.

After Hughes came on we looked much more likely to score than they did for 20 minutes, looked the better side until we got caught on the break. After that, we gave up. And I include Hughes in that - BUT there were 9 other players on the pitch that did less over the ninety minutes.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Midfield was being totally outclassed first half and we weren't creating much of note.

After Hughes came on we looked much more likely to score than they did for 20 minutes, looked the better side until we got caught on the break. After that, we gave up. And I include Hughes in that - BUT there were 9 other players on the pitch that did less over the ninety minutes.

I like Hughes he is one of my favourite players but he has to work hard. .

Yesterday after 2-0 down I think the players lost heart. 

Burton shipping 5 going for it at the Pirelli and Leeds losing 2-0 to Brentford the other week shows its no fluke with Brentford and they also put 3 past Forest at the City ground 

Just now, Rebekah said:

Don't think it was purely down to Hughes though. Can't blame just him for the three goals 

Agreed I was just saying. 

Brentford was a bad day at the office .

We have to move on and so do the manager and players. 

On 14/04/2017 at 16:10, Tombo said:

Were you there? Because I don't think I heard from anyone on the day that felt this way and nobody said anything like this in the various discussions I heard on the train back. I only seem to have heard this opinion online.

In any case, I was there and I really don't think we struggled to beat them, the draw would have been very harsh.

Yes I was there. Our fans seemed to get caught up in the emotions of scoring a last minute winner and forgot that we were dire throughout. We couldn't control the game nor could we create chances, we scored from a direct goal kick in the last minute and a long shot which hit the post and went in off the keeper. I've not seen such a lacklustre performance in a long time - worse than Clement's toothless possession football, at least then we had the ball to try to do something with it. 

Archived