Happy Egg

Day

Eggs  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You could also argue buying expensive chocolate eggs to celebrate a storyline that sounds like it came from Game of Thrones is absolutely ridiculous, but just like Christmas the religion behind it all as been removed for many and just seen as a holiday to enjoy with family.

Is this the church feeling like they are becoming less relevant?

Is there a bigger issue here as we attempt not to offend those that do not tolerate others religious views and we should feel outraged and defend our Easter?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
16 minutes ago, David said:

You could also argue buying expensive chocolate eggs to celebrate a storyline that sounds like it came from Game of Thrones is absolutely ridiculous, but just like Christmas the religion behind it all as been removed for many and just seen as a holiday to enjoy with family.

Is this the church feeling like they are becoming less relevant?

Is there a bigger issue here as we attempt not to offend those that do not tolerate others religious views and we should feel outraged and defend our Easter?

Its once again a small group of supposed 'do gooders' earning a living by being offended on behalf of others who probably in reality couldnt give a damn.

I know in a soceity of many faiths but seriously how many people get offended by things like christmas, easter, the flag etc?

Can you imagine being an ex pat living somewhere like Turkey and going up to the Mosque one day and asking if they wouldnt mind awfully keeping it down as it not only wakes me up but also offends me.

I'm offended by corporations co-opting ritualistic traditions in an attempt sell overpriced **** to the consumer. Since Cadburys seem to care so much about minimising the offense they cause I expect them to cease their marketing campaign completely and halt production of all chocolate eggs, rabbits etc...

This is so offensive to Christians like me.

Jesus used to love Easter Egg hunts at his local National Trust site as a little lad, and I for one would fully expect him to take to twitter to express his outrage if he were alive today.

Theresa May summed it up perfectly:

"I think the stance they have taken is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what they are thinking about frankly. Easter's very important... It's a very important festival for the Christian faith for millions across the world."

Exactly, Theresa, it's incredibly important. If we Christians can't celebrate the resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ by sending our children into a forest to hunt for an edible version of a culturally appropriated ancient Pagan symbol of fertility, in an event sponsored by a global corporation that has often been heavily implicated in grossly unfair trading practices with farmers in the third-world in the name of profit, then HOW CAN WE CELEBRATE EASTER!? Our ancient traditions are under attack.

26 minutes ago, Duracell said:

This is so offensive to Christians like me.

Jesus used to love Easter Egg hunts at his local National Trust site as a little lad, and I for one would fully expect him to take to twitter to express his outrage if he were alive today.

Theresa May summed it up perfectly:

Exactly, Theresa, it's incredibly important. If we Christians can't celebrate the resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ by sending our children into a forest to hunt for an edible version of a culturally appropriated ancient Pagan symbol of fertility, in an event sponsored by a global corporation that has often been heavily implicated in grossly unfair trading practices with farmers in the third-world in the name of profit, then HOW CAN WE CELEBRATE EASTER!? Our ancient traditions are under attack.

If Jesus Christ came back right now I think there would some other stuff he'd want to have a word with us about beyond Easter eggs.

Screenshot of the website that was "airbrushed"

I'm sure Cadbury won't mind the extra publicity. It's a bunch of Frenchies now that own it anyway.

I'm also glad that this is Theresa May's number 1 priority to be outraged by, not SA's human rights records or Michael Howard going to war over a rock

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 11.37.24.png

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Screenshot of the website that was "airbrushed"

I'm sure Cadbury won't mind the extra publicity. It's a bunch of Frenchies now that own it anyway

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 11.37.24.png

It's disgraceful that they can refuse to celebrate Easter in this way.

And following on from the sexism/Moyes debate, who's getting offended by what here?

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

It's disgraceful that they can refuse to celebrate Easter in this way.

And following on from the sexism/Moyes debate, who's getting offended by what here?

I'm offended. By everything.

Must be virtue signalling my false flag because I'm a millennial snowflake. or something. Just trying to fill out the bullsh*t bingo card.

Who the fook actually noticed that Cadbury and the National Trust advertised an Egg Hunt without the word "Easter" in it?

Some people must spend all their sad little lives looking for something to be offended by

WTF has it got to do with anyone else anyway?

Has Theresa May really got nothing else to do other than spout mock outrage over such a nothing story.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Who the fook actually noticed that Cadbury and the National Trust advertised an Egg Hunt without the word "Easter" in it?

Some people must spend all their sad little lives looking for something to be offended by

WTF has it got to do with anyone else anyway?

Has Theresa May really got nothing else to do other than spout mock outrage over such a nothing story.

This is the country that notices when a skirt is an inch too high on Eastenders and writes to complain to the BBC for showing sexual content before the watershed.

Does this really surprise you?

25 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm offended. By everything.

Must be virtue signalling my false flag because I'm a millennial snowflake. or something. Just trying to fill out the bullsh*t bingo card.

Moyes should come down on the media for assuming his pronoun, that would send the SJWs in to a frenzy.

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

You can't help but feel that Theresa May is only wading in as some sort of marketing strategy to appeal to *that* section of the electorate who get themselves in a froth over such silly little things.

Populism is the in thing right now. Basic chat, simple solutions to complex problems. Politics for the ignorant.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its once again a small group of supposed 'do gooders' earning a living by being offended on behalf of others who probably in reality couldnt give a damn.

I know in a soceity of many faiths but seriously how many people get offended by things like christmas, easter, the flag etc?

Can you imagine being an ex pat living somewhere like Turkey and going up to the Mosque one day and asking if they wouldnt mind awfully keeping it down as it not only wakes me up but also offends me.

You sound, er, cross.

Archived