David Moyes Slap

Day

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

There are plenty of women who don't see themselves as victims. Camille Paglia and Christina Hoff Sommers to mention two. 

Well fxck me I guess if a couple don't feel as though there's any wrong then I guess they speak for all...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Won't someone think of the white middle class men?

CE9MTUyWoAAKSoB.jpg

I do, considering they are responsible for adding the majority of funds to our society, someone has to pay for all these Motability vehicles being scammed out of my taxes.

15 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I do, considering they are responsible for adding the majority of funds to our society, someone has to pay for all these Motability vehicles being scammed out of my taxes.

Bloody cripples get all the luck eh?

23 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Misogyny is far more deeply ingrained and I think it is hard for people to see it when they've never been on the receiving end of it. Even for women it is internalised, to the extent that being disempowered in many situations is taken as normal or inevitable. 

An incident like this is seized upon because it is high profile and appears to be something concrete to point to. Whether or not it is a good example of sexist behaviour is debatable, but I think the backlash in discussions like this is more telling.

It isn't something concrete to point to though. The only part of what he said that was even remotely sexist was the "even though you're a woman" comment. The backlash tells us nothing beyond the fact that lots of people won't put up with obvious bullshit from the media.

3 hours ago, Anon said:

It isn't something concrete to point to though. The only part of what he said that was even remotely sexist was the "even though you're a woman" comment. The backlash tells us nothing beyond the fact that lots of people won't put up with obvious bullshit from the media.

That's why I said it appears to be something concrete. 

There are plenty of comments in this thread which are not just addressing media bullshit. 

Apparantly there is no patriarchy, no pay gap, no misogyny and it's a woman's responsibility to make sure she doesn't get raped. 

Who knew?

PistoldPete2

I haven't seen the video, but reports say he said " she deserved a slap in spite of her being a woman" . If that is sexist, it's sexist against men because it suggests he would be more inclined to give her a slap if she was a man. 

It it was inappropriate , because a responsible manager should realise that language like that could be taken out of context and used against him, as it has been. 

But I don't think it is at all serious , and certainly not something requiring the FA to be involved. Or that freeloader lineker always wanting to offer his opinions. He should stick to selling crisps. 

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

But I don't think it is at all serious , and certainly not something requiring the FA to be involved. Or that freeloader lineker always wanting to offer his opinions. He should stick to selling crisps. 

I'd advise that mouthy shitheel to address his own issues concerning the genuine emotional abuse caused by cheating on his spouse before lecturing others about their treatment of women.

18 hours ago, Lambchop said:

That's why I said it appears to be something concrete. 

There are plenty of comments in this thread which are not just addressing media bullshit. 

Apparantly there is no patriarchy, no pay gap, no misogyny and it's a woman's responsibility to make sure she doesn't get raped. 

Who knew?

Keep going ....:thumbsup::)

I hope GR signs you as a Centre Back over the Summer.

5 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Keep going ....:thumbsup::)

I hope GR signs you as a Centre Back over the Summer.

It's a lovely thought, but I don't think he'll be resorting to asthmatic fifty something females just yet. 

Sometimes discrimination is a good thing!

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

It's a lovely thought, but I don't think he'll be resorting to asthmatic fifty something females just yet. 

Sometimes discrimination is a good thing!

:ph34r:

We signed Dave Walton. Never give up hope.

Sith Happens

This advert has been banned for being sexist. I dont know, i must just be easy going, and yes i know im male but it realy seems far too over the top. Its almost like people to just hang around looking for something to complain about, and be offended over.

_95471447_co-opeastereggtweet2.jpg

Archived