Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

Jammy gits.....

Poor first half, was slightly concerned at HT.. Not seen the disallowed goal, so can't really comment.

Second half, much, much, much better.. It was Forest mind, so that should be a given. Will see what happens against QPR.. 

Would have liked to see Hughes get on... Nugent and Vydra the highlights for me..

GR saying the right things, really hoping he will deliver what he preaches.. 

Same old mistakes which is a shame but he has hardly had time to sort that.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
5 hours ago, rynny said:

I think I must be the only one that thinks that it was the right call to disallow the goal. Don't think it is given for taking the keeper out think it is because he has 2 hands on the ball and as he fell onto Johnson he inadvertently knocks the ball out of his hands. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it was the other way round and the ref gave the goal.

He was fouled by his own player though.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Watching it back... where the hell is Keogh for their first goal!? That defending is embarrassing... 

Why just him? Pearce too?

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Goalkeeper tripped over his own man and dropped the ball on to Johnson, who was not even looking at him.

Not even sure if there was much, if any at all, physical contact between the two.

exactly, shocking refereering.

Overriding feeling is disappointment. They were a very poor team who, as soon as we applied any pressure, paniced.

If we had got at them from the start I have no doubts that we would have beaten them comfortably.

First goal was terrible, think it was Bryson who left Clough. After that if Carson is coming out he has to get the ball or at least distract the man, not really sure what he was trying.

Towards the end of the first half we started to look dangerous. Ince gave his man the run around and got  in some good positions but his end product was very wasteful. Had a glorious chance to slip Vydra in but chose to shoot and missed the target.

The disallowed goal was ridiculous. Very poor refereeing.

2 good goals early second half. BJ involved in both and excellent play from Russell, Vydra and Nugent. 

Really should have gone on and killed the game off but as on so many occasions this season we failed.

Another poor decision from the referee not to award us a free kick for simulation in the lead up to their goal. However, Russell should have taken the ball into the corner prior to that and also should have put a challenge in on the header.

Disappointed but it's not an awful start for GR and we retain the B.C. Trophy! 

Watching the match on my iPad yesterday.

Has the ground shrunk since Cloughie's tenure?

Why was the ground not bursting at the seams?

How can a referee get things so wrong, yet keep his job?

How can home fans boo their new manager?

How can a commentator mis-hear our lads chanting "Gary Rowett is a Ram" as "is the man"?

Why didn't we get our three points? (Oh yes, the ref!)

Answers on the back of a tenner please!?

Great local derby, up the Rams!???????????

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Overriding feeling is disappointment. They were a very poor team who, as soon as we applied any pressure, paniced.

If we had got at them from the start I have no doubts that we would have beaten them comfortably.

First goal was terrible, think it was Bryson who left Clough. After that if Carson is coming out he has to get the ball or at least distract the man, not really sure what he was trying.

Towards the end of the first half we started to look dangerous. Ince gave his man the run around and got  in some good positions but his end product was very wasteful. Had a glorious chance to slip Vydra in but chose to shoot and missed the target.

The disallowed goal was ridiculous. Very poor refereeing.

2 good goals early second half. BJ involved in both and excellent play from Russell, Vydra and Nugent. 

Really should have gone on and killed the game off but as on so many occasions this season we failed.

Another poor decision from the referee not to award us a free kick for simulation in the lead up to their goal. However, Russell should have taken the ball into the corner prior to that and also should have put a challenge in on the header.

Disappointed but it's not an awful start for GR and we retain the B.C. Trophy! 

Agree its always disappointing to lose a win so late on, and we do seem to concede a lot of late goals this season, something that needs working on.

I think the first goal totally highlighted why we miss George Thorne, or a George Thorne adequate replacment, someone that can actually get in the way and put a tackle in, not a de saart or mascarell who look pretty playng the ball. 

Its key for next season we have him back, or deal properly with the george thorne replacement role if he isnt fit.

The refereering was poor, I hate when you can talk about referees affecting the results so evidently, but he has this time.

At 1-0 down I would have took a 2-2 draw so onwards we go, its probably not a bad thing as at 2-1 im starting to look at the table thinking mmm 7 points to 6th place lol. At least this keeps me grounded.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agree its always disappointing to lose a win so late on, and we do seem to concede a lot of late goals this season, something that needs working on.

I think the first goal totally highlighted why we miss George Thorne, or a George Thorne adequate replacment, someone that can actually get in the way and put a tackle in, not a de saart or mascarell who look pretty playng the ball. 

Its key for next season we have him back, or deal properly with the george thorne replacement role if he isnt fit.

The refereering was poor, I hate when you can talk about referees affecting the results so evidently, but he has this time.

At 1-0 down I would have took a 2-2 draw so onwards we go, its probably not a bad thing as at 2-1 im starting to look at the table thinking mmm 7 points to 6th place lol. At least this keeps me grounded.

Disagree with official affecting the result, agree he got disallowed goal wrong.

Why not focus on there keeper..... he affected the result more than anything. We also wasted one or two chances in 1st half too, think hat affected us and the keeper much more than the official in all honesty. 

Agree he got the Johnson goal wrong. Couldn't tell the Bereton "dive" as at other end. He gave Olsson the runaround yesterday. He'll be gone in summer.

Rate Clough a lot too, surprised he was subbed.

Called at HT they'd crumble if we pressed, there defence will determine if thy go down this season, trying to play out from back and they haven't the players to pull it off.

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Disagree with official affecting the result, agree he got disallowed goal wrong.

Why not focus on there keeper..... he affected the result more than anything. We also wasted one or two chances in 1st half too, think hat affected us and the keeper much more than the official in all honesty. 

Agree he got the Johnson goal wrong. Couldn't tell the Bereton "dive" as at other end. He gave Olsson the runaround yesterday. He'll be gone in summer.

Rate Clough a lot too, surprised he was subbed.

Called at HT they'd crumble if we pressed, there defence will determine if thy go down this season, trying to play out from back and they haven't the players to pull it off.

For the Bereton incident it's either a penalty or a free kick for simulation...ref bottled it and made no decision. 

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

Just out of curiosity... if Forest went down, would anybody be genuinely interested in any of the Forest players coming here?

I think Osborn is a good player even though he's a cheating little toerag. Brereton looks good but he's been linked to better things and not too sure on Assombalonga personally. Clough is also a good player. He moved from Bolton to get out of League One, can't imagine he'd want to hang around there for long if he finds himself straight back down there. Other than those four, there's not an awful lot to choose from.

Osborn for sure, I rate him highly. Could replace Bryson in time. That kind of runner.

Brereton has made a fantastic impact but too early to judge.

Clough - I'm very surprised he didn't end up somewhere better, always impressed when I've seen him.

Assombalonga will always get goals, but doesn't stay fit.

All four are good players though. 

Would I have them here? I'd like to see some youth and vibrancy coming in, though with Lowe breaking through this season and Guy making waves at Port Vale, perhaps we'll see more of them next season. 

6 hours ago, rynny said:

I think I must be the only one that thinks that it was the right call to disallow the goal. Don't think it is given for taking the keeper out think it is because he has 2 hands on the ball and as he fell onto Johnson he inadvertently knocks the ball out of his hands. I certainly wouldn't be happy if it was the other way round and the ref gave the goal.

You're not the only one. I thought the ref got it right. Technically Johnson has knocked it out of his hands when he has both hands on it and therefore is deemed to be in control of the ball, so right call. 

11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Is it only me who's happy with a draw ? Listened to the game on the radio and watched what I could through dodgy streams ! The draw sounded about right! Nice to see a MOTM performance from bryson , proper midfielder. 

I'm happy with the draw only if it open's Rowett's eyes to what can happen when the clock ticks not just past 90, but past about 75 when we stop all the good work, sit back and try to hang on. Other than that no I'm not, though yes, it could be deemed to be a fair score seeing as they hit the post and the ref could so easily have given the penalty late on.

However, when you look at their equaliser and the way Bryon/Butterfield both stood and looked at him as the corner was about to be taken and neither took responsibility for doing anything, we deserve nothing less. 

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

For the Bereton incident it's either a penalty or a free kick for simulation...ref bottled it and made no decision. 

As I said couldn't tell.

My wider point was the Forest keeper had much more affect on the result than the official. 

Sith Happens
19 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

You're not the only one. I thought the ref got it right. Technically Johnson has knocked it out of his hands when he has both hands on it and therefore is deemed to be in control of the ball, so right call. 

But using the same logic, if a team is on the attack...player moves into the penalty area, his own player impedes him causing him to fall/stumble into a player who is defending which then causes the attacker to lose the ball is it a penalty?

Here is a link to the disallowed goal the keeper clearly has his feet taken from him by his own player...if anything its a foul on johnson not the other way round.

http://goal91.com/soccer-360/disallowed-goal-forest-v-derby_45160.html

45 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Johnson was standing still. He didnt knock the ball out of Smith's hands as he was inert. Smith fell on him. Never a foul. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, sage said:

Johnson was standing still. He didnt knock the ball out of Smith's hands as he was inert. Smith fell on him. Never a foul. 

The thing that makes it worse for the ref is he has a clear line of sight..

9 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

For you Forest fans lurking in and quoting from here ... 

Quote this 

Your club is fooooooked up

Your club is fooooooked up 

We've got Gazza Rowett

You've got 

Warburton

Just the sort of mature and well thought out comment they'd be searching for. We'll done for upholding the reputation of Derby fans.

Archived