Forum Introductions

davenportram

Announcing the late arrival of Stockholm Ram. Former contributions on DET forum..occasional, nay frequent rucks back then with a lad called Nozzy (whatever happened to him).

1st DCFC game on boxing day 1970 v Man Utd. Favourite Rams players are Charlie George, Igor Stimac and strangely Morten Bisgaard.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Announcing the late arrival of Stockholm Ram. Former contributions on DET forum..occasional, nay frequent rucks back then with a lad called Nozzy (whatever happened to him).

1st DCFC game on boxing day 1970 v Man Utd. Favourite Rams players are Charlie George, Igor Stimac and strangely Morten Bisgaard.

and what a game that was...4-4, if i remember correctly, anyway, welcome m8.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Hi and welcome

Hi all, I have been taking my time getting to know you all first by working my way through a lot of the older posts before formally stepping out of the shadows,

I'm Phil born and bred and still living in Derby, 42 years old so I can say that Derby County have been champions of England twice in my lifetime but alas I was to young to remember it or see it, my dad took me to my first game when I was 7 and i will always remember going up the steps and stepping out into the Ley Stand, the noise and the buzz got me straight away,

I still so with my dad nowadays and we have season tickets in the west stand right on the front row and right on the first two seats next to the directors box so ideal for yelling ideas to Tom and the board, though often frowned upon and muttered about from our fellow library area members.

Didn't go to the last few games of last season as we lost my mum to a brain tumour and our hearts were not into football at that time.

Looking forward to a new season, we just seem to be getting somewhere now, I feel that losing Glick could be a backward step for the club, love him or hate him he has had some inatative ideas that have taken us forward in many aspects.

Any how I think that's enough about me, I look forward to taking part in more future postings and to remain entertained by you guys with some of the whitty comments on here cheers

Hi all, I have been taking my time getting to know you all first by working my way through a lot of the older posts before formally stepping out of the shadows,

I'm Phil born and bred and still living in Derby, 42 years old so I can say that Derby County have been champions of England twice in my lifetime but alas I was to young to remember it or see it, my dad took me to my first game when I was 7 and i will always remember going up the steps and stepping out into the Ley Stand, the noise and the buzz got me straight away,

I still so with my dad nowadays and we have season tickets in the west stand right on the front row and right on the first two seats next to the directors box so ideal for yelling ideas to Tom and the board, though often frowned upon and muttered about from our fellow library area members.

Didn't go to the last few games of last season as we lost my mum to a brain tumour and our hearts were not into football at that time.

Looking forward to a new season, we just seem to be getting somewhere now, I feel that losing Glick could be a backward step for the club, love him or hate him he has had some inatative ideas that have taken us forward in many aspects.

Any how I think that's enough about me, I look forward to taking part in more future postings and to remain entertained by you guys with some of the whitty comments on here cheers

welcome to the forum, and after your recent sad loss and traumatic time, i hope we can bring a little light hearted humour to you.

West stand eh? all carpets and padded cells, seats I hear?

nice one boycie, thanks for that, we did get consulted in the west stand as what would make the match day experience more enjoyable, other than seeing the rams win every now and again i also commented on making it feel a bit more homely wouldnt go amiss so i suppose thats where they have come up with the padded cell / seat combo !!

I'll echo what's been said - hello to all new members, you're most welcome.

Along with all the latest DCFC chat, rumour and arguments, we also have the best classic music thread available on'tinternet, enjoy.

nice one boycie, thanks for that, we did get consulted in the west stand as what would make the match day experience more enjoyable, other than seeing the rams win every now and again i also commented on making it feel a bit more homely wouldnt go amiss so i suppose thats where they have come up with the padded cell / seat combo !!

bit more homely?

In my book that means kids doing as they want, (clough's problem too sometime) women telling you that you are useless (read the women's posts on here) and things always going wrong. (nuff said)

Welcome to the mad house!

Don't mind me, i'm drier than a witches snatch.

bit more homely?

In my book that means kids doing as they want, (clough's problem too sometime) women telling you that you are useless (read the women's posts on here) and things always going wrong. (nuff said)

Welcome to the mad house!

Don't mind me, i'm drier than a witches snatch.

Tom Glick asked what i would like i said "A Bit more Homely" so i requested a padded cell they couldnt meet my requirement so offered up a padded seat and a free tea !!!

Read back a few pages and noticed that we seem to have scared away several of the recent newbies since they have stopped posting. What is wrong with us ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Shall I give that an honest answer? 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

When I was in the west stand I think the guys nearby would have asked for more crap football as they seemed to relish complaining about it 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

When I was in the west stand I think the guys nearby would have asked for more crap football as they seemed to relish complaining about it 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Yes Gboro we certainly did as it will help Saturday afternoons go with a swing if we can have more can have more sh1te football to give us west stand centre hardcore something to fixate on and have a good fooking moaning session whilst wrapped up in our blankets on our padded seats in our padded and carpeted ultra clean (no profanities please) cells whilst sipping on our free tetleys (tea not bitter I hope) 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived