Forum Introductions

davenportram

Hi,

I've been on here for a while but thought i'd introduce myself

I'm Ben

19. Autistic. From Matlock. Living in Sheffield for College..

Have been a Derby Fan all my Life, Basically cos my mum used to watch em at the BBG.

My Uncle know's NC, Long story, met him at his wedding, really nice Bloke.. I've also met his mother, Sister (i think) and wife..

I was a season Ticket holder in 01/02 and 02/03. I was at Wembley, and the Play Off Semi's.. I try and go as much as i can 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi my names Boycie. I'm a recovering WUM. My last wum was 2 days ago on the forest forum.

Yeah i noticed that a couple of days ago whilst i was 'busy' at work. The guy moaning about getting kicked out? They all ended up arguing with each other! I suppose it's the only thing they can get passionate about this season.

Hello all!! I'm a long time lurker of this fine forum that's decided to start posting a bit more often! Kinda like a guy you see at a party who nobody knows but he's there and he's eating all the food. Yeah well I'm that guy and I'm now introducing myself!

I've been a Derby fan all my life through my dad being a fan during the 'glory years' but to be honest living in Burton it was the only real big team near us when I was growing up. I wouldn't change a thing either, though I am asked a lot "why don't you support Burton now?"....idiots. The first game I went to was the Anglo-Italian cup final (we got free tickets somehow) which I cant remember to much of apart from the fact that Wembley was old, there was a pillar in the way of my view of the pitch, I got a scarf and a flat cap (!) and we lost.

My first Derby home game was at the BBG against Sunderland, I think it was the very next season but I'm not sure. Anyway we won 5-0 and I remember leaving that day with all my dad's mates telling me "you can come more often!" and thinking supporting the rams would always be like that. How naive, lol.

I've been a season ticket holder since the most recent prem season (gloryhunter) and before that I used to go to about 6 games a season, home and away. I sit in the south stand with my dad and brother and I was one of the guys who moved over to the north stand not so long ago to try and get some atmosphere going. I still sit/stand with the lads and lasses who were over there as we all moved to the south stand together and there a great bunch of people. I try and get to as many away days as I can but I've only ever managed one whole season of seeing every game home and away. That was the prem season and it kinda put me off going to places like Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night! But I get to about 10 a season.

So yeah, HELLO THERE!!!!

Hello all!! I'm a long time lurker of this fine forum that's decided to start posting a bit more often! Kinda like a guy you see at a party who nobody knows but he's there and he's eating all the food. Yeah well I'm that guy and I'm now introducing myself!

So that's where all my bacon is going... 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

I've been a Derby fan all my life through my dad being a fan during the 'glory years' but to be honest living in Burton it was the only real big team near us when I was growing up. I wouldn't change a thing either, though I am asked a lot "why don't you support Burton now?"....idiots. The first game I went to was the Anglo-Italian cup final (we got free tickets somehow) which I cant remember to much of apart from the fact that Wembley was old, there was a pillar in the way of my view of the pitch, I got a scarf and a flat cap (!) and we lost.

My first Derby home game was at the BBG against Sunderland, I think it was the very next season but I'm not sure. Anyway we won 5-0 and I remember leaving that day with all my dad's mates telling me "you can come more often!" and thinking supporting the rams would always be like that. How naive, lol.

I've been a season ticket holder since the most recent prem season (gloryhunter) and before that I used to go to about 6 games a season, home and away. I sit in the south stand with my dad and brother and I was one of the guys who moved over to the north stand not so long ago to try and get some atmosphere going. I still sit/stand with the lads and lasses who were over there as we all moved to the south stand together and there a great bunch of people. I try and get to as many away days as I can but I've only ever managed one whole season of seeing every game home and away. That was the prem season and it kinda put me off going to places like Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night! But I get to about 10 a season.

So yeah, HELLO THERE!!!!

Ayup youth.

Nice one Dan. What part of Burton do you live in mate?

Took the dog for a walk round the washlands, over the bridge and into Stapenhill park the other week, while the missus was shopping, and virtually every one I heard was speaking Polish! We should have kept Cywka (like Man yoo keep Park), to attract new fans. 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Strange about Burton really. Back when I started going most of Burton were Derby fans, with the Brewers as their second team. Burton were'nt even a half decent non-league team then....usually they were about 4 leagues below conference level!

Now they are a league side I suppose some of the future Rams support from there will dry up a bit.

Always found a lot of glory hunting man yoo fans in Burton as well. 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

Nice one Dan. What part of Burton do you live in mate?

Took the dog for a walk round the washlands, over the bridge and into Stapenhill park the other week, while the missus was shopping, and virtually every one I heard was speaking Polish! We should have kept Cywka (like Man yoo keep Park), to attract new fans. 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Strange about Burton really. Back when I started going most of Burton were Derby fans, with the Brewers as their second team. Burton were'nt even a half decent non-league team then....usually they were about 4 leagues below conference level!

Now they are a league side I suppose some of the future Rams support from there will dry up a bit.

Always found a lot of glory hunting man yoo fans in Burton as well. 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

I live in Winshill which is just outside of Burton, your right about Burton because when I was a young 'un they were quite the way off the Vauxhall Conference (as it was back then) so they were my 2nd team. I'd go and watch them if they got to the F.A. Cup 1st round and when they had their local derby against Gresley Rovers. However things have changed quite a bit now and a lot of youngsters in the area are supporting the brewers which is a good thing.

Unfortunately a lot of the glory hunting Man Utd and Liverpool fan's have now ditched there teams and declare themselves loyal Albion fan's. Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if they weren't constantly trying to create some sort of rivalry between our two clubs (honestly the crap I've heard in my local pub and at work from this lot, woeful). Due to this I hope there stay in the football league is brief, just to see if these lot hang around or go back to watching Utd on the telly.

Archived