No more signings please

Derbyram1983

I don't want anymore signings until summer. We keep rushing into signings that clearly aren't improving the squad. Anya, Blackman, Camara, Weiman and vydra. We're not going to get into the top six and if we did we obviously can't compete with these teams. I think the sort of players we're signing on massive wages just are t the type we need. Hopefully we can sell a few in the summer as well as bent and Bairds contracts are up so we will have room for manoeuvre. We need a good squad not a big squad. I can't remember the last good signing that actually broke into the first team. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we don't make anymore signings in this window then we're unlikely to make the playoffs with the current squad. The last thing we need is additions who will challenge the incumbents or provide backup - if there are to be new players then they need to be definite starters.

The only 2 players we have been linked with (rumour or actual) who in my opinion meet this requirement have been Sako and Hourihane but I'm not confident on either coming to Pride Park.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If we don't make anymore signings in this window then we're unlikely to make the playoffs with the current squad. The last thing we need is additions who will challenge the incumbents or provide backup - if there are to be new players then they need to be definite starters.

The only 2 players we have been linked with (rumour or actual) who in my opinion meet this requirement have been Sako and Hourihane but I'm not confident on either coming to Pride Park.

Can't disagree with that. Quality over quantity needed

it really doesn't matter who we play/who we buy as long as we have a manager whose only formation is so easy to nullify and whose only tactical change is to bring on fresh legs, leaving the players to go on floundering and eventually lose the will to live as  the season hiccups to a close.

We've been there. done that, got the tee-shirt

none of them you mentioned have had a fair crack of the whip. Give them a flurry of games in their natural positions then make statements. Until then it seems harsh to overcast a judgement. Wiemann for example i think will leave and could be brilliant for someone else in a central role.

Then we will say 'why didn't he do that for us?'

Answer is he never got a fair run to do so!

34 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

it really doesn't matter who we play/who we buy as long as we have a manager whose only formation is so easy to nullify and whose only tactical change is to bring on fresh legs, leaving the players to go on floundering and eventually lose the will to live as  the season hiccups to a close.

We've been there. done that, got the tee-shirt

Luckily we haven't got a manager like that or he'd not have a record like this

P111

W61

D25

L25

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

We have 3 plus Anya.

All 4 being crocked is ridiculous, and Hanson isn't ideal cover, but, we will have some back soon.

Not had a CB injury all season.

The way it goes sometimes.

Very true. Sxxx happens!

3 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Left back?!

Olsson is back for next week and Anya is the same. So really don't need another signing for left back tbh. 

Archived