Transfer budget for Jan

MackworthRamIsGod

After getting excited when someone posted Stevie Mac had a 20 million quid war chest, in jest, I wondered just how much he really had to spend.

Nugent has been signed for 2 plus million. Rumours suggest we have bid 3 million(ish) for Lansbury and 4 million(ish) for Sako. So that would take us to 9 million straight away.

One would assume at least one full back is on the shopping list, either perm or a loan.

It certainly suggests Mel is continuing to put his hard earned pennies in.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy with Nugent and would also have been happy if we got Sako [not going to happen now] Lansbury only to wind up the dogs .I do think that SM looks like he has learnt from his past mistakes around strengthening in the Jan window .However Nugent /Sako are the type of quality players we should have got maybe a year earlier.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:20, lrm14 said:

I'm guessing that would be dependent on how many we manage to ship off also. We've already got a lot of players who are seemingly not good enough on what I imagine to be very high wages.

Surely some of them would like to play regular football, go out on loan even?!

"War chest". You have to laugh at some of the phrases that football has  

Like when somebody says something about someone else it's a "scathing attack"

I just hope Rafa doesn't swoop in for Tom Ince. As if Rafa looks like a bloke capable of swooping in anywhere. 

I'm going out to buy a car and taking a £10,000 war chest. Might plan a raid on TC Harrisons. Got a Ford Focus on my radar and I'll probably swoop in with a bid to test their resolve. The TC Harrisons ace that works there yesterday launched a scathing attack on my mate. But my mate is used to it. He's a PE teacher who last month lost the dressing room. I think its because he asked the kids to cover every blade of grass and run their hearts out

I doubt if we have that much in the kitty, I don't believe the £20m rumour, no way would we adhere to FFP rules if we spent that much.

Very happy with Nugent, £2m is a steal. it would not surprise me to see some one go out, no idea who, Bryson/Russell maybe?? that would be the only way to fund a decent signing

Archived