Top 6 form

Sith Happens

The form of the top 6 plus derby is incredible really. Could see someone get 80 points and not make the play offs. 

If you had said to me after we went 5th we would win potentially 3 plus draw 1 by the end of the year I would have said we would be a few points clear of 7th...yet if we win Saturday we might still not be in the top 6.

Everyone thinks Newcastle and Brighton will take top two but with the 5 teams below all in such good form any sort of slip up could see them caught.

I think its amazing we are even in touching distance, just shows his exciting and difficult the championship is.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The form of the top 6 plus derby is incredible really. Could see someone get 80 points and not make the play offs. 

If you had said to me after we went 5th we would win potentially 3 plus draw 1 by the end of the year I would have said we would be a few points clear of 7th...yet if we win Saturday we might still not be in the top 6.

Everyone thinks Newcastle and Brighton will take top two but with the 5 teams below all in such good form any sort of slip up could see them caught.

I think its amazing we are even in touching distance, just shows his exciting and difficult the championship is.

I wouldn't overstate things. It's not that difficult and it's not very exciting. It's exciting that we keep winning though I agree with that. I also agree we can get the second spot as could any of those sides doubt any will catch Brighton. They have a mojo going on. Brighton are strong and after that Newcastle pretty good then us prob. Leeds Huddersfield Fulham Wed Norwich villa are all ok but that's about it. If we can start creating more and scoring from other positions than Ince's we can take the league. 

I have said as much in a thread in the football talk forum. Given this is more about other teams than it is about the Rams.

The way its looking we are going to have a top half and a gap to the bottom half.

I cant ever remember looking at a form table which had most of the top 12 on it.. and the bottom 12 of the current table being largely in the bottom half of the form table.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I agree entirely with all except what you say about brighton, who wont be caught if the continue to never loose games.

Newcastle with a series of games without their talisman Shelvey will be interesting, if they loose many more then 3-8th places will be catching them pretty soonish.

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

I wouldn't overstate things. It's not that difficult and it's not very exciting. It's exciting that we keep winning though I agree with that. I also agree we can get the second spot as could any of those sides doubt any will catch Brighton. They have a mojo going on. Brighton are strong and after that Newcastle pretty good then us prob. Leeds Huddersfield Fulham Wed Norwich villa are all ok but that's about it. If we can start creating more and scoring from other positions than Ince's we can take the league. 

Did you just say you're missing Martin? :o:p

8 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Villa and Leeds are bang in form and face each other tonight. Something has to give there. A draw would be nice :)

Villa have won their last 4 at home.

Leeds have win 3 of their last 4 away.

Yep, good result for us, we now need to beat Wigan....

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Which we will. They are playing worse now than a few weeks ago when we met them.

I cant see them scoring, so as long as we score, its happy days. Only massive complacency or an error of Keogh proportions can stop us.

Smashing, even though he's barely put a foot wrong in recent memory, you find a way to drag our captain down.

Well done.:angry:

10 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Smashing, even though he's barely put a foot wrong in recent memory, you find a way to drag our captain down.

Well done.:angry:

Well defensively we do have the 2nd best in the league and 5th best record in the FL, 5 out of 92 isn't acceptable and can only really lay blame at Keoghs feet. Coupled with the 6 goals we have conceded in the last 14 games, added to the fact that we haven't conceded at home in 7 games I think people are well within their rights to criticise a player who has played every minute of those games. I think we should seriously consider paying up his contract and offloading him and bring in a PL journey man in the twilight of his career on big money and see what a difference it makes. 

Archived