9 games unbeaten

B4ev6is

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

With honestly i think shackall will be gone january as he does not look like getting into the side but i think loans need to be looked at and then maybe a buy or a loan for another striker if martin does not come back.

I don't think he will...only takes an injury or suspension and he will be back in. We need good backup.

No chance Shackell will leave.

Brighton have been unbeaten for longer and unlike Newcastle arent over reliant on 2 players. Ever since Murray started banging them in, who i always knew was a better player than Hemed, Just cant seem them dropping enough points.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

With honestly i think shackall will be gone january as he does not look like getting into the side but i think loans need to be looked at and then maybe a buy or a loan for another striker if martin does not come back.

You're right. We were having this discussion at the match. I'd be totally gobsnacked if Shacks hasn't put in a transfer request. Someone if his experience and self confidence ain't gonna wanna sit 

19 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You're right. We were having this discussion at the match. I'd be totally gobsnacked if Shacks hasn't put in a transfer request. Someone if his experience and self confidence ain't gonna wanna sit 

He loses his loyalty bonus if he hands in a transfer request.

21 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

No championship team will match his wages, no team will bid enough to buy out his contract,

A loan, where we can recall him is the only option and i dont think it will happen.

The summer.... well thats a different matter entirely.

No option for recall on loans now, they have to run window to window.

Shack's on big wages, and is (the only) 1st choice back up to a record breaking partnership and really only injury and circumstance put him on bench. No reason for him to push to jump ship...he may just get a promotion bonus too.

If a lower-end premier league team come in now then he would doubtless listen...but to me it suits both parties for him to stay till the summer and see where we are then.

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Shack's on big wages, and is (the only) 1st choice back up to a record breaking partnership and really only injury and circumstance put him on bench. No reason for him to push to jump ship...he may just get a promotion bonus too.

If a lower-end premier league team come in now then he would doubtless listen...but to me it suits both parties for him to stay till the summer and see where we are then.

One thing's for certain, if Shackell goes in January we'd probably have to spend more to replace him than we'd pull in.

If he's not 1st choice by summer, I could see him going to the MLS, but not in January.

Archived