DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Waffle said:

I'd rather take a risk on Ravel Morrison than Lansbury

Wow.

Legal history

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.[57][58] After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.[59] In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot".[60] He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.[61] He was fined £7,000.[62]

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.[63] He was freed on bail after three days in custody.[64] In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.[65] In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.[66] On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.[67]

12 minutes ago, KBB said:

Wow.

Legal history

In early 2011, Morrison received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.[57][58] After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.[59] In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter, responding to criticism by calling another user a "faggot".[60] He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.[61] He was fined £7,000.[62]

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.[63] He was freed on bail after three days in custody.[64] In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.[65] In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.[66] On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.[67]

Obviously not brilliant, I'm not trying to defend what's happened in his personal life, but football wise he's a talent.

17 minutes ago, nottskentuckyram said:

I would actually prefer us to sign Conor Hourihane, rather than Lansbury (as it seems like its just to 'get one over' on our struggling neighbours)

As I've asked others, how many times have you seen him play and what would he bring to the team that Lansbury wouldn't?

21 minutes ago, KBB said:

15 goals in 125 games for Plymouth and 27 in 109 for Barnsley.

people say we made a mistake signing Nick Blackman during a purple patch.......

There is a world of difference between the two players. Hourihane has shown steady improvement over the last 3 seasons and has consistently produced a decent rate of return in that time period:

• 13/14 53 Apps 9 Goals 3 Assists (for plymouth in league 2)
  • 14/15 53 Apps 14 Goals 16 Assists 
  • 15/16 53 Apps 11 Goals 17 Assists
  • 16/17 24 Apps 5 Goals 12 Assists

That isn't a player having a purple patch. 

Now let's compare that to Blackman (who has plays in a more attacking position):

• 13/14 32 Apps 4 Goals 1 Assist
  • 14/15 43 Apps 5 Goals 1 Assist
  • 15/16 47 Apps 13 Goals 3 Assists
  • 16/17 10 Apps 1 Goal 0 Assists

Can you spot the difference ?

You shouldn't base how good a midfielder is based purely on the goals scored, either. 

Hourihane scores goals and gets assists, but he usually plays the most passes on the pitch and makes the most tackles on the pitch too. I don't think anyone should be mistaken, Hourihane is a player that will go to the very top. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

You shouldn't base how good a midfielder is based purely on the goals scored, either. 

Hourihane scores goals and gets assists, but he usually plays the most passes on the pitch and makes the most tackles on the pitch too. I don't think anyone should be mistaken, Hourihane is a player that will go to the very top. 

I haven't seen much of him play but his stats (not just goals and assists) make very impressive reading indeed.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I haven't seen much of him play but his stats (not just goals and assists) make very impressive reading indeed.

I've only seen him the once, which was earlier in the season against us, and he was by far the best player on the pitch. He made Bryson and Hughes look woeful in comparison on the day. 

Very good player. The stats just back it up, plus you only have to read what Barnsley fans say about him. 

Archived