Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

On Lansbury though, I would have been happy had we signed him, but only because a) it would show our intent and b) it would pee of the Reds.  As a player though, I dont really rate him all that highly.  I would much rather we had tried to get Dale Stephens from Brighton.

Youre happy for us to spend £3m to £4m on players you don't rate because it will annoy Forest?

Really poor attitude in my opinion, especially when FFP is an issue these days.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said earlier in the season I would just love to offer money for Assambolonga, just to wind up Forest.  We have shown with Lansbury that if we wanted, we can go and offer for their best player and turn his head.

We will have alternatives lined up, in fact it wouldnt suprise me if we bid for Lansbury in the hope Villa would strike first, leaving the path clear for us to go for our number 1 target, hence the reason we publicly bid for him.

We are 7th, after flirting with relegation, we have stevie mac back playing damn good footy again and we could very well end up with promotion this season.

The season isnt over because we have missed out on Lansbury, who I literally hated after he blatantly cheated.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Youre happy for us to spend £3m to £4m on players you don't rate because it will annoy Forest?

Really poor attitude in my opinion, especially when FFP is an issue these days.

You miss my point.

I am trying to say that had it been me signing him, I would have done it for the WRONG reasons and I am happy we have missed out on him.

I am not a football chairman nor do have money, so I am able to say these things.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Who for example?

Antonio,Chester,Rhodes, Afobe,Austin,Adomah,Kodjia, James Wilson(before he went to Brighton), Joey Barton(before Clement came and he went to Burnley), Bakary Sako(before going to Palace), Andre Gray.

All of the above I know for a fact we were close to getting before other clubs came in. But there are also examples of players choosing us other other teams, Camara(chose us over Wolves), Blackman(chose us over Wednesday), Butterfield(chose us over Wednesday)

Tom Ince(chose us after his loan spell ahead of Newcastle)

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Said it at the time id rather have Sammon in than Lansbury. 

Younger and a better player already. 

Think the majority wanted Lansbury more to p**s those c***ts down the road off than his footballing ability. 

I have no idea why I typed Sammon ????

I meant id have Sammon over Lansbury 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Said it at the time id rather have Sammon in than Lansbury. 

Younger and a better player already. 

Think the majority wanted Lansbury more to p**s those c***ts down the road off than his footballing ability. 

Have we been linked with him though 

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You miss my point.

I am trying to say that had it been me signing him, I would have done it for the WRONG reasons and I am happy we have missed out on him.

I am not a football chairman nor do have money, so I am able to say these things.

Apologies, I misinterpreted your post!

Lets be honest, the Reds will always rather sell to anyone else than us, if only for the sake of PR. If the new owners are taking a more pragmatic stance, as rumoured with their interactions with Mel, then they may decide to sell to the highest bidder, (us?) but would be an unpopular first move with the treetards. 

Archived