Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

If we've seriously bid £5m on lansbury just to piss off forest then ffs. I mean yeah he's better than bryson or butterfield but we're paying 5 million for a player in last 6 months of his contract just to spite our rivals...

If we're willing to spend £5m then why dont we spend it on drastically improving our midfield? Hourìhane from Barnsley is a much better player also in last 6 months of his contract.

I agree it will be funny to see forest relegated by taking away their best player... but will lansbury actually improve us that much to give us promotion?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Colm said:

If we've seriously bid £5m on lansbury just to piss off forest then ffs. I mean yeah he's better than bryson or butterfield but we're paying 5 million for a player in last 6 months of his contract just to spite our rivals...

If we're willing to spend £5m then why dont we spend it on drastically improving our midfield? Hourìhane from Barnsley is a much better player also in last 6 months of his contract.

I agree it will be funny to see forest relegated by taking away their best player... but will lansbury actually improve us that much to give us promotion?

Sammon would cost us much more than Lansbury - Barnsley are confident in agreeing a new deal and there would be far more competition for him if bidding started. Also I don't think he's particularly bothered about getting away, unlike Lansbury. 

Just now, Colm said:

when did anyone say it was 5 million? highest anyone has gone is 3 mill from villa

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

when did anyone say it was 5 million? highest anyone has gone is 3 mill from villa

It might well be the offer could get up to £5m with promotion add on, appearances add on, and so on, but I doubt wed have flat out bid that much more than villa to prove a point.

If in fact, we have.

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sammon would cost us much more than Lansbury - Barnsley are confident in agreeing a new deal and there would be far more competition for him if bidding started. Also I don't think he's particularly bothered about getting away, unlike Lansbury. 

We'd get Sammon back cheap as chips ;)

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It might well be the offer could get up to £5m with promotion add on, appearances add on, and so on, but I doubt wed have flat out bid that much more than villa to prove a point.

If in fact, we have.

Swear someone on this thread said we'd bid £5m (maybe it was somewhere else) just saying IF we have just for paying the added rivals tag fee then it isn't worth it (unless im completely proved wrong and we get promoted of course ;) )

Just now, Colm said:

Swear someone on this thread said we'd bid £5m (maybe it was somewhere else) just saying IF we have just for paying the added rivals tag fee then it isn't worth it (unless im completely proved wrong and we get promoted of course ;) )

I agree with you on that front, I just think flat out I doubt we'd put much more than villa on the table, but I could see us putting some juicy add on money to sweeten the yanks.

I'm sure i read somewhere today that we'd bid £5m because fawaz went for villa instead but their new yank ownership contacted us and wanted to accept our bid. Maybe it was in the sun or something either way surely if we're paying that much then its not worth it that's the point im trying to make. £3m fair enough.

I will go on record now to say that no matter who We loan or buy we will not get promoted. Already recently we had chances to get into the top 6 and didn't do it. Hell we've had a run of 11 games of promotion form and only just threaten the play off places. We need a serious run of results, and a bit of steel to grind out wins when not playing well (Something we've been lacking for a long time)

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

... I definitely didn't type Sammon...

Yeah. Hourihan and Sammon can get easily confused on the keyboard ;)

9 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I will go on record now to say that no matter who We loan or buy we will not get promoted. Already recently we had chances to get into the top 6 and didn't do it. Hell we've had a run of 11 games of promotion form and only just threaten the play off places. We need a serious run of results, and a bit of steel to grind out wins when not playing well (Something we've been lacking for a long time)

A serious run like 7 wins on the bounce?

play offs can mean promotion.

Archived