Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

How are the new owners able to negotiate a deal with us? I mean I get in theory that they could be in contact with Sam and say "once we're owners" etc etc. Some kind of reverse tapping up*?

*not a sex move

No,

They technically are allowed to now get involved in proceedings at the club as the takeover has reached an agreement. So if something was to change that agreement they would have a say in it. The agreement is yet to be signed because Fawaz went AWOL yesterday when their meeting was scheduled. 

So for example...

If Lansbury was to move to Villa without the new owners permission, the agreement which has been done between Fawaz & them would be void. Because the new owners would be buying a club without a player that was originally in the agreement.

If Lansbury was to move to us, at the new owners wish. They would still be able to complete the takeover agreement as it is by their choice that they are selling their star player before the take over is completed.

At the moment the clubs are in stalemate because Derby are offering more money for Lansbury but Fawaz doesn't want to sell to us and has agreed to sell him to Villa.

Weird one. Then again, when are things done simply when Fawaz is involved.

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I hope the Big offer was not us, he's a cockwomble as stated multiple times on here and I for one stand by the "cockwomble " statement. 

I know mate but Mac like him though. 

I don't want to overpay forest, even for a decent player. Let vanilla have him or tap him up for a freebie in June with a big signing on fee. IMO.

I think he's off to Villa. Yes, I know betting doesn't mean much, but the betting being suspended yesterday after a flurry of bets on him joining Villa and then this news coming out today seems too unlikely to just be a coincidence for me. And regardless of who they sold him to I think they'd say something like 'we've had a big offer' to try and soften the blow, they're selling their best player.

I'm sure it's been discussed on here but in the Sun article about Villa purchase being suspended they say the rift between the current and new ownership is because the Americans want to sell to Derby and Fawaz won't let them.

If that's true I'd say this bid has done more for my entertainment than I could have possibly imagined.

Completely indifferent as to whether we get him or not.

Just for a tiny little bit of fun I might spend a couple of minutes reading some of your views on Lansbury over the last 12-18 months or so.

Then watch how quickly those views get changed if/when he signs.

You fickle fickle feckers.

Bit of a strange signing for me, wonder where all of these midfielders are going to fit. You'd think this would have to spell the end for Bryson and probably one other.

Archived