• Created
  • Last Reply

From WD Sport in Hertfordshire . Read the last sentence

Watford in the hunt for Sevilla midfielder Vicente Iborra

by Kevin Affleck on January 4, 2017

NEWS

WATFORD FC

Shares

Watford have cooled their interest in signing the Derby County bound Henri Lansbury and have instead turn their attention to Vicente Iborra, the smooth-passing midfielder from Sevilla.

Lansbury held talks with Watford officials about a return to Vicarage Road and recently revisited the club’s training ground in London Colney, but Watford held reservations about whether he was an upgrade on what they have and whether a player who has spent the last four seasons in the Championship could make the step up to the Premier League. Lansbury, we are told by a source close to the deal, is now on the verge of joining Ikechi Anya and Matej Vydra at Derby.

5 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

From WD Sport in Hertfordshire . Read the last sentence

Watford in the hunt for Sevilla midfielder Vicente Iborra

by Kevin Affleck on January 4, 2017

NEWS

WATFORD FC

Shares

Watford have cooled their interest in signing the Derby County bound Henri Lansbury and have instead turn their attention to Vicente Iborra, the smooth-passing midfielder from Sevilla.

Lansbury held talks with Watford officials about a return to Vicarage Road and recently revisited the club’s training ground in London Colney, but Watford held reservations about whether he was an upgrade on what they have and whether a player who has spent the last four seasons in the Championship could make the step up to the Premier League. Lansbury, we are told by a source close to the deal, is now on the verge of joining Ikechi Anya and Matej Vydra at Derby.

link the article? i cant find it

19 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I really hope we beat Villa to him just to prove we can beat them to our own transfer targets and secondly because I think he would be an extremely good addition in terms of what he brings to the team (not the diving and cheating though). 

Agreed..except the diving and cheating bit...we need a bit more of that IMO. 

29 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I really hope we beat Villa to him just to prove we can beat them to our own transfer targets and secondly because I think he would be an extremely good addition in terms of what he brings to the team (not the diving and cheating though). 

100% agree! Would love to beat Villa to a signing. Does my head in that all of our rumoured targets sign for Villa. 

"Lansbury held talks with Watford officials about a return to Vicarage Road and recently revisited the club’s training ground in London Colney, but Watford held reservations about whether he was an upgrade on what they have and whether a player who has spent the last four seasons in the Championship could make the step up to the Premier League. Lansbury, we are told by a source close to the deal, is now on the verge of joining Ikechi Anya and Matej Vydra at Derby."

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2017/01/watford-in-the-hunt-for-sevilla-midfielder-vicente-iborra/

Archived