Transfer Window Worries

Ninos

1 hour ago, Ramchester said:

I would move heaven and earth for Wisdom, played two games at Salzburg and he is considerably better than Baird or Christie. 

Baird has been superb since he's come back in but if we could upgrade on both Christie and Baird then that would be a positive. 

A confident Christie is better than Andre W

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, KBB said:

Ah wisdom. The only other right back in the whole of professional football besides Baird and Christie.

Our main question about wisdom should be why didn't he play much for WBA and Norwich in the prem? And why do Liverpool keep loaning him out? Ok he did well for us (in the championship) when he was here.

25 minutes ago, Ninos said:

A confident Christie is better than Andre W

Horses for courses, I think Wisdom is considerably better than Christie, but it doesn't make Christie a bad player. I just think Wisdom offers a back line that contributes to 8/10 clean sheets. We've not conceded since Christie has been out of the team....

Hasten to add, I like Christie, just think he either needs to improve, or purchase better. 

1 hour ago, Ramchester said:

Horses for courses, I think Wisdom is considerably better than Christie, but it doesn't make Christie a bad player. I just think Wisdom offers a back line that contributes to 8/10 clean sheets. We've not conceded since Christie has been out of the team....

Hasten to add, I like Christie, just think he either needs to improve, or purchase better. 

I'd take Christie. Our back line not getting enough clean sheets this season even with Christie? Come on. Our issues have remained further up the field.

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I definitely think we need a striker and a right back at the very least. I'm sure we'll sign players in those positions, too. 

Personally I don't think we need any player right now. But I do agree that those two positions should be looked at because there is room for improvement in both departments. With that said, I think a lot depends (regarding buying a striker) on how much does McClaren think he can improve Vydra and is there any chance of Martin returning at the end of the season. 

I actually think the other area that would really improve us a team (more so than RB and ST) by bringing in a quality (and potentially expensive) player is LW but this is predicated on a couple players being moved on. Overall I'd like to see us bring in 1-2 quality players that will genuinely improve us and 1-2 players being moved on to make room. 

Archived