Any model railway fans out there.

toddy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hung my anorak up long ago when my Dad, unknown to me flogged, the train set to his mate without even asking ! Not that I'd played with it for 20 years. Jono age 10-3/4 ... Freezing to death in the garage while Airfix Africa Corps tried to storm Grantham signal box before reinforcements on the 13.56 from Derby arrived. That is an embarrassing admission. 

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think toy soldiers needs its own thread. The kids now days ain't gotta clue, they've never known the pain of stepping on a sniper by accident.

I was always  bit underwhelmed by the sappers .. They kept falling over. The machine gun / crew was pretty good though. Just remembering all the little nicks you got on your fingers from trimming the spru with a "hobby" knife and the smell of the glue. 

19 hours ago, jono said:

I hung my anorak up long ago when my Dad, unknown to me flogged, the train set to his mate without even asking ! Not that I'd played with it for 20 years. Jono age 10-3/4 ... Freezing to death in the garage while Airfix Africa Corps tried to storm Grantham signal box before reinforcements on the 13.56 from Derby arrived. That is an embarrassing admission. 

I fought similar battles many times. Airfix soldiers everywhere - usually the battle ended when the family cocker spaniel waded through. Can still remember trying to get a British commando rubber dingy out of her mouth.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I fought similar battles many times. Airfix soldiers everywhere - usually the battle ended when the family cocker spaniel waded through. Can still remember trying to get a British commando rubber dingy out of her mouth.

Ha that dinghy ! From memory it was in 2 halves that you clipped together like 2 halves of a doughnut ? Lol 

On topic: Yeah, I have loads of 00 stock in storage. All BR blue to sectorised 90s stuff stored away, lots of Bachmann, Heljan & modern Hornby. Also have a Lenz Set 100 DCC controller. All went on the back burner though and now I just stick to record collecting and old video games. Went and had 2 kids so maybe one day when I have the space and the cash I'll get around to building a layout.

14 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

On topic: Yeah, I have loads of 00 stock in storage. All BR blue to sectorised 90s stuff stored away, lots of Bachmann, Heljan & modern Hornby. Also have a Lenz Set 100 DCC controller. All went on the back burner though and now I just stick to record collecting and old video games. Went and had 2 kids so maybe one day when I have the space and the cash I'll get around to building a layout.

I never had any steam, couldn't bare the stuff, BR blue diesels all the way for me.  I remember getting my first HST. Wow, working head lights!

3 minutes ago, David said:

What noise did it make?

I'd had no noise you cretin, the new ones go choo choo! 

Well the steam ones, *spit, and the noise you refer to is mainly the American Steam locomotives, which nobody ain't got no time for.

the BR two tone horn is an accurate description 

Archived