What's all the fuss about...

Chester40

Leading on from another thread (so apologies if you feel it duplicates) but - what highly regarded and seemingly universally acclaimed films.. or bands.. do you just not get? but daren't admit for fear of the sneering condemnation which follows for your obvious lack of comprehension??

I'll start with The Deer Hunter and 2001 Space Odyssey.... and Pink Floyd. 

Ouch. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yikes.gif  Oh my ! he typed, sitting there in his Dark Side of the Moon t-shirt. Nah, it's how it is Chester, if they don't do it for you, they don't do it for you.

I hitch hiked down to Knebworth to see Floyd in 1975, never dreamt I'd settle down 6 miles from the place. Hearing DSotM for the first time was a defying moment for me, still think it's a masterpiece, there's probably stuff that gives/gave you a similar feeling that would be meh to me. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna say it...The Beatles....

I'm not saying they are rubbish, and I am aware they are probably the most influential band ever. 

But people will say 'oh but have you ever listened to the White Album'? Er no. 'So you have no idea what you're talking about, listen to it"...

Well I can just about name maybe 3 Adele songs; or maybe 1 James Bay song...but that's enough for me to have decided I don't fancy a whole album.

Off the top of my head I can name 20+ Beatles songs that I can not only name..but could pretty much sing along with the whole thing...yet I would NEVER choose to play it.

X Factor.

Skinny jeans stemming from the competition there appears to be amongst many young lads to see who has the most dangerously snappable pins. Some of them haven't even got any legs! There's nothing underneath but twigs man!!

KFC.

London. Sprawling mess filled with weirdos.

Comedy panel shows. Yawn.

Archived