Timi Max and Charles Vernam

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RamuelLJackson said:

We bought Christie from Nuneaton Borough.

So that's three properly successful youth team players coming through in the last 17 years. I'll be kind and include Tom Huddlestone, who was a success before he decided to pack it all in and become a film star. Four in 17 years. Not the sort of record that makes me confident we can assume a youngster is going to be the answer, much as I'd love that.

Tbf though, why consider the academy before the current setup? Why not consider it within the last 7 or 8 years, which is when the majority of our successful youngsters have come through. 

No point in throwing them in at the deep end if they are not ready, probably wouldn't do them a lot of good in the long run.  I haven't seen them play, so I really can't say.  However I suspect that Mac would be willing to give them a run if he thinks they can make a contribution. 

I would certainly promote Vernam and Elsnik to the bench for the Sheff Wed match. Personally, I think it's time to move on from having Darren Bent on the bench. I really don't think he offers anything in the 4-3-3 system. Vernam could be our central striker back-up. I'd put Elsnik on the bench due to Will Hughes' suspension. Always good to have a back-up attacking midfielder on the bench.

I do think it's time we gave Weimann a run in the team too, Ince needs to drop to the bench for a while.  Same for Christie, would like to see Anya at right-back.

18 hours ago, knabby crackers said:

Vernam is an ideal replacement for Incey Wincey, at least with Charles you would get someone who gives a **** and is prepared to battle until the final whistle.

Elsnik, Hanson, Guy and Rawson are all players who would work their socks off if given a chance.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even in a thread nothing to do with him Ince still gets bashed, bordering on keogh level at the moment. 

Lets give him stick for being moody when things aren't going well but all be tripping over ourselves trying to get Martin back who is the most moodiest player on the team when things aren't going right. 

I don't buy this he doesn't give a ****. I'd have a face like a slapped arse if my team weren't playing as well as we know we can. Just because his body language isn't great it doesn't take away from all of the defensive work he does actually do in supporting Christie...

18 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even in a thread nothing to do with him Ince still gets bashed, bordering on keogh level at the moment. 

Lets give him stick for being moody when things aren't going well but all be tripping over ourselves trying to get Martin back who is the most moodiest player on the team when things aren't going right. 

I don't buy this he doesn't give a ****. I'd have a face like a slapped arse if my team weren't playing as well as we know we can. Just because his body language isn't great it doesn't take away from all of the defensive work he does actually do in supporting Christie...

Our decline started when Ince arrived ..... just coincidence I suppose.

He has skill but he has had so many opportunities. He looked dejected in the last games with Pearson, being on the bench etc. But he has been given a chance again to no useful effect. Ask yourself why Hull sold him.

Just now, DRBee said:

Our decline started when Ince arrived ..... just coincidence I suppose.

He has skill but he has had so many opportunities. He looked dejected in the last games with Pearson, being on the bench etc. But he has been given a chance again to no useful effect. Ask yourself why Hull sold him.

You mean the same time we lost Martin Thorne eustace and mascarell to injury? 

Also Hull didn't want to sell him... Steve Bruce was livid if I remember rightly.

Personally, I think the youngsters like Rawson, Hanson, Lowe, Elsnik, Vernam should at least be on the bench. Not saying they should be thrown in at the deep end and starting every game, but I'd rather see Hanson in Baird's position as being able to cover a number of roles, and I'd much rather see Vernam coming on for the last 20 minutes rather than Bent who just seems to be hanging round for his last pay packet.

Charles Vernam is a great talent..... he's a number 10 though, has tons of ability. Watched him since he first came from Ssausagehorpe. 

Think in 3/4 years he'll be at a premier league side, if it ain't Derby. 

22 minutes ago, Boss said:

Personally, I think the youngsters like Rawson, Hanson, Lowe, Elsnik, Vernam should at least be on the bench. Not saying they should be thrown in at the deep end and starting every game, but I'd rather see Hanson in Baird's position as being able to cover a number of roles, and I'd much rather see Vernam coming on for the last 20 minutes rather than Bent who just seems to be hanging round for his last pay packet.

I totally agree. Would prefer to give young, up an coming players chances off the bench over players that are on their downhill slope!

Archived