Savage's column on McClaren appointment

Bris Vegas

5 hours ago, Ramos said:

Couldn't care less what Savage, Shearer have to say, savage can say McClaren couldn't get us up against a ten man QPR all he wants but if it wasn't for Stevie we wouldn't have got anywhere near that play off final. It may all go wrong but I really hope as a Derby fan and a person who believes that McClaren gets a lot more stick than he should (For a guy who has won the league cup with an unfancied team and won the dutch league with an unfancied team... and i guess got an unfancied Derby team to a play off final) we continually hear how useless he is. But he has achieved a lot more in the game than many English managers and coaches. Let's get behind us (using the spirt of b4) COME ON YOU RAMS (I'm also drunk) 

Never underestimate just how little most fans and pundits know or care about football outside of the Premier League. Enschede may as well be a small planetoid in the Kuiper belt for all they care. His two high profile jobs, England and Newcastle, were abject failures and that's all he'll ever be judged on by most people.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst bit of this is that Steve couldn't even beat 10-man qpr.

I think the media shouldn't be able to call a team 10-man unless they have had 10 men for at least the majority of the game, more like 75% of it.

He must be the only person, apart from valleyram, who really blames Steve for that defeat. It was just one of those things. We'd have beaten them 9 out of 10 times.

Harsh comments about Sav on here. I thought he was a good servant for the club. I've also seen him first hand be brilliant with young Rams fans. He obviously still cares about the club and his entitled to his opinion. McClaren does have something to prove but I disagree his time at Derby was a failure.

i think Sav is a good pundit, Shearer on the other hand can do one. Legend of a player, failed as a manager and as a pundit he's terrible, he just states the obvious!

what does wind me up is there is a media agenda against McClaren that goes back to England. Adrian Durham on talk sport dragged up stats of his last 2 years for Derby fan who rang in, and banged on about he won 2 of his last 13 games at Derby. Guess what, no mention of his record between October 13 and March 15? I don't have the stats in front of me but bet they're pretty awesome!

Sav basically has a pundit act of being a WUM.

As for McClaren, his column is playing to a ready audience who won't see past England and Newcastle.

I don't get the Giggs should get top gigs because he's Giggs mantra though - and Bob Bradley has a very successful career behind him. Giggs might be a very good coach/manager but he's not got any track record of it, so it's a risk that I don't think big jobs will take and there's too much at stake for small PL clubs to risk on him.

Archived