Classic Pearson Quotes

Brammie Steve

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

I dont know any  beause i fall to sleep before he's finished any of is interviews lol.

Agreed, I flinch every time he appears on the TV. I watched that interview with Pat Murphy on YouTube and it was pure cringe. 

Mick McCarthy makes me laugh, he once summed up a defeat by saying 'we got slapped'.

When I think of classic quotes I think if managers like Busby, Clough, even Keegan

I would love it if we beat them, love it.....

Say that to any football fan and they will instantly know who said it.

Classic Pearson quotes? Ostrich incident maybe but I couldn't tell you word for word what he said.

The 3-0 difficult thing is just an everyday manager quote, get one every week like that

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

Am i the only one who feel that pearson seems like the 2nd coming of jewell? Clueless tactics, stood on touchline with numero uno passion and totally dross interviews

Was listening to a podcast with jimmy bullard and Craig Fagan. How much they hate the bloke is unbelievable and they de him a "coward and the worlds worst personality driven manager" 

1 hour ago, David said:

When I think of classic quotes I think if managers like Busby, Clough, even Keegan

Classic Pearson quotes? Ostrich incident maybe but I couldn't tell you word for word what he said.

The 3-0 difficult thing is just an everyday manager quote, get one every week like that

:p lol which is it?

A couple of quotes I like, "I had mixed feelings, a bit like seeing my mother in law driving off a cliff in my car" Terry Venables

And Partick Thistle's John Lambie after Colin McGlashan did not know who he was after suffering concussion, "Tell him he's Pele and get him back on"

1 hour ago, BranstonRam said:

Was listening to a podcast with jimmy bullard and Craig Fagan. How much they hate the bloke is unbelievable and they de him a "coward and the worlds worst personality driven manager" 

On the other hand Jimmy Bullard is not shrinking violet, and definitely not everyones cup of tea. Craig Fagan hardly earned his wages as a DCFC player. So I would never ask either of these people to provide a character reference for another professional. 

4 hours ago, David said:

Believe it or not, I was using a form of irony.

I suppose I could use inverted commas.

Like puns and poetic licence.

Irony is describing something in a complimentary way which is actually too obvious to waste breath saying.

Trust this clarifies matters.

Everything Cloughie said was genuinely classic BTW.

Archived