Beer Thread

Cisse

OK, progress. Got it down to 30 breweries and about 250 beers (mind you, we've already eliminated Stella - thanks, Gritstone :lol: ).

I'm going to have a think and put this to one side now until tomorrow. Thanks for indulging me so far, Sage.

Eddiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee, Eddiiiieeeeeeeeeeee, can you guess my beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr

I'd just concede defeat, we won't take any joy out of your failure, we're all behind you.

So that makes it Sage first, me second, you lot all joint last.

Seems reasonable.

This is bloody difficult because I narrowed it down to the area famous for lambics and fruit beers, yet it's not a lambic or fruit beer. I had a mind that it might be Rodenbach Grand Cru, hence the 'oak aged' question. So I'm struggling. Not called 'tripel' so that eliminates Affligem Tripel, no numbers so Wolf 7 - Wolf 9 go, likewise Loterbol Blonde 8.

OK, stretching a point here - is a blended geuze a lambic? I think so, but others might disagree. 

17. Is it Boon Mariage Parfait?

This is bloody difficult because I narrowed it down to the area famous for lambics and fruit beers, yet it's not a lambic or fruit beer. I had a mind that it might be Rodenbach Grand Cru, hence the 'oak aged' question. So I'm struggling. Not called 'tripel' so that eliminates Affligem Tripel, no numbers so Wolf 7 - Wolf 9 go, likewise Loterbol Blonde 8.

OK, stretching a point here - is a blended geuze a lambic? I think so, but others might disagree. 

17. Is it Boon Mariage Parfait?

No

I wonder if my own 'snobbishness' has kicked in and caused me to just sail on by, just because the brewery is 'big' or owned by a multi-national.

18. Is the brewery owned by Anhauser-Busch Inbev?