Get behind the team and stop trying to prove who's right .

Curtains

2 hours ago, eddie said:

I thought that DEL and me were the only ones not to hear booing. Audiology appointments are free.

Seen far more toxic environments at Derby to be honest, think the crowd as a whole seem a bit flat and frustrated but not hearing anyone slating the team. 

Second half against villa was one of the best atmospheres in ages, all because played ok with a bit of intensity and attacked. Lets see what tonight brings I guess 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

I don't boo, the lads round me can back me up on that.....my point is that everyone is allowed to vent their frustrations without being criticised for it.

Oh and 25 years of having a ST and buying endless shirts and away trips shows that I do SUPPORT my team....

Well, my first season ticket was 50 years ago.

So that makes you a 25/50 fan.

Anyone do the maths?

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Well, my first season ticket was 50 years ago.

So that makes you a 25/50 fan.

Anyone do the maths?

This is the team photo from eddies first game

313956138.jpg

I've never boo'd. I haven't heard booing during a game this season, admittedly yes at HT and FT.

The players should be able to handle it even so, they're grown men earning a lot of money. They have also got the means directly available to them to stop any and all booing. Battle like **** and give everything. Play well. Maybe, and this is a bit old school, score. Even win, if you'll forgive me flight of fancy.

I sit in the East Stand.  If there's a chant goes up I join in. If I try to join in with the South stand on my own nobody follows it and I get funny looks.

There has been nothing whatsoever to cheer about all season. Nothing. It's been *****. I'd strongly discourage anyone from booing, but they've paid and it's up to them. Just so long as they know it's not helping in any way.

Nigel Pearson must love this. We are doing awful and all some do is blame the players and the fans. Nothing to do with formations or the style of play at all! 

I have never booed but find the irony of those who destroyed Wassall and are all suddenly postive about the messiah that is NP quite infuriating.

4 hours ago, TelTheRam said:

For me, Pearson has proved in 8 competitive games that he is unable to get the best out of the players we had at the start of the season.
With that in mind, how do people think we would have done if he'd come in for the second half of last season instead of Wassall ?
Would we have made the play-offs?

That's a very good question , would he have come in with a very different mindset ? Would he have stuck with our formation preferred first team starters , would he have tried a different tactic in terms of motivating them? I'm pretty sure if he had approached it as he has now then no he would not have done as well as wassell and there's a good chance we would not have made the play offs simply because for me the players would have responded badly to having a BOSS ,, don't forget that Mel brought Harry in to help wass and from what we have seen this season and antics of shackell towards wass at Rotherham I feel that was not just about helping wass with tactics but also about trying to get somebody who the players would respect and  respond to ,,, you pose a good question but to be fair Pearson would have had a totally different remit if brought in instead of wass last season and may well have taken a very different approach

3 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Nigel Pearson must love this. We are doing awful and all some do is blame the players and the fans. Nothing to do with formations or the style of play at all! 

I have never booed but find the irony of those who destroyed Wassall and are all suddenly postive about the messiah that is NP quite infuriating.

Who says Pearson is the 'messiah'?  Can you provide a link please as I'm intrigued. I think a good few thought he was a decent candidate given his record and what was available, but the hero-worship you bang on about endlessly I've not seen at all.  Asking for a manager to be given more than a handful of games before being jumped on by you is not 'worship' mate. It's more like common sense.

1 minute ago, JaguarRam said:

NP is who we have for the time being and we might as well get behind him. I hope he is the Messiah, as I guess so does Mel or he wouldn't have appointed him.

I always hoped for the best for Wassall but personally I don't think he was entirely in control of events as shown by the Shackell incident and the fact that Redknapp came in to shore him up.

Our fans booing our team is a real bonus for the opposition team and fans after just beating us. One of the most impressive displays of support I have seen was when we beat Leeds one night (2004/2005?). Their team was fairly rubbish but their fans sang and sang and sang. Didn't feel like we'd won when I got up to leave.

Just now, 86 points said:

Who says Pearson is the 'messiah'?  Can you provide a link please as I'm intrigued. I think a good few thought he was a decent candidate given his record and what was available, but the hero-worship you bang on about endlessly I've not seen at all.  Asking for a manager to be given more than a handful of games before being jumped on by you is not 'worship' mate. It's more like common sense.

Do you actually read the forum? 

Against the Toon I think we saw the first signs of what Pearson is trying to achieve.  Wishing he'd replaced the entire team in a single window so it could happen to your own personal timeline is a bit silly, especially when he's made it clear he'll only bring in players that add to the team. 

It's not been a pleasant ride so far this season and I've seen nobody pretending that it has been. Seen a lot of folk offering their expert insights however and that's all good but the forum needs happy-clappers to offset the doom and gloom merchants. Fortunately, a good few seem rather more balanced in their opinions than others.

15 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

It's quite simple really you thought / think wassell was the right man for the job and had faith in him or you did nt the same as you think Pearson is the right man or not and have faith in him , then you give that opinion on here ,, can't see what's infuriating about that , you naturally are going to be inclined to give more time to the manager you personally have faith in to get the job done ,,, I for one don't think there's a manager that would nt be having similar troubles with us now if they came in and wanted to shape the team in his own way as every manager must if they hope to succeed long term

The thing is @archied we were sold a different thing, changes in managerial personnel were going to be seemless, managers had to fit into a philosophy (the Derby Way) so we could carry on playing a certain type of football.

Clement (who I believe Mr Morris said could become our Alex Ferguson and be here for 20 years, I'm sure that's correct) got the bullet for defying the template. All of a sudden continuity is out the window and a squad that appeared to only need tweaking now needs a complete overhaul.

Now, if Pearson has been given the green light to completely transform the club, so be it but I think some kind of press release would have taken a bit of pressure off Pearson because supporters would be aware a different direction was being pursued and the Derby Way was officially dead in the water.

You may be aware I don't like Pearson but I do think he's been let down by the board's reluctance to state we're going to try another approach. It seems to me we only hear from them when things are going well and when things are trickier it's you deal with this Nigel.

4 minutes ago, archied said:

It's quite simple really you thought / think wassell was the right man for the job and had faith in him or you did nt the same as you think Pearson is the right man or not and have faith in him , then you give that opinion on here ,, can't see what's infuriating about that , you naturally are going to be inclined to give more time to the manager you personally have faith in to get the job done ,,, I for one don't think there's a manager that would nt be having similar troubles with us now if they came in and wanted to shape the team in his own way as every manager must if they hope to succeed long term

A managers job is to get the best from the players at his disposal. I am not seeing that at the moment but I certainly hope that changes. 

I did like Wassall and I saw him as a bright manager who could have built on the success we had. He was tactically naive at times but he would have improved with experience. 

Wassell stepped up to plate when we needed him but was massacred. 

Nigel Pearson is an experienced manager who is not as yet got the best out of the players who we know can beat anyone in this division. He needs to improve that and we need to stop blaming the players and the fans who have a right to be critical with some of the tactics and displays this season. 

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

The thing is @archied we were sold a different thing, changes in managerial personnel were going to be seemless, managers had to fit into a philosophy (the Derby Way) so we could carry on playing a certain type of football.

Clement (who I believe Mr Morris said could become our Alex Ferguson and be here for 20 years, I'm sure that's correct) got the bullet for defying the template. All of a sudden continuity is out the window and a squad that appeared to only need tweaking now needs a complete overhaul.

Now, if Pearson has been given the green light to completely transform the club, so be it but I think some kind of press release would have taken a bit of pressure off Pearson because supporters would be aware a different direction was being pursued and the Derby Way was officially dead in the water.

You may be aware I don't like Pearson but I do think he's been let down by the board's reluctance to state we're going to try another approach. It seems to me we only hear from them when things are going well and when things are trickier it's you deal with this Nigel.

Pretty fair appraisal I'd say @EastHertsRam Given Pearson's character I wouldn't be surprised if he insisted on a free rein and a full season to make his mark though, so let's see whether he and the players can put these early performances behind them and give us something to cheer about.

44 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Pretty fair appraisal I'd say @EastHertsRam Given Pearson's character I wouldn't be surprised if he insisted on a free rein and a full season to make his mark though, so let's see whether he and the players can put these early performances behind them and give us something to cheer about.

I would have liked him to have started the transformation and the changing of players earlier than the last week of the transfer window, but hey ho, let's just get on with it now and really kick on.

8 hours ago, TETRA said:

The fans could well play an extremely important part tonight at the iPro, but the need for us to score first is simply MASSIVE. If Ispwich manage to score first the obvious lack of confidence clearly evident in front of goal so far this season will certainly magnify not only amoungst the players but also within large sections of the crowd. If that does happen I'll be dreading the final whistle especially if we've failed to score yet again. Oddly with things as they are right now failier to score would be a great deal worse than losing..

I seem to have been not far wrong  SADLY

Archived