Booing

Sith Happens

I agree booing is not a new thing, and clearly there are people on this forum who do boo and think its ok. You are right, its your right to voice your opinion, I just dont get it.

As a set of fans this season we have booed, we have cheered the substitution of a player, we have booed his name when the team sheet is called, this a player who clearly lacks confidence so i dont see how any of this helps the situation in anyway.

Despite the fact the players are paid thousands each week, it doesnt mean they wont be affected by negativity, if i was a player i would not look forward to playing in front of my own fans right now.

I know the performances have been far from great, and we arent in a good place right now, but yesterday i felt there was no lack of effort or determination at all, there were signs of improvement, we were just beaten by a better more clinical team, if we repeat that effort tuesday i am sure the result will be positive.

Up the rams.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even enjoy being part of our fanbase any more. It feels like us against the players, the manager and Mel Morris. It's hard work and I'm feeling totally pissed off with it. If I didn't have a ST I wouldn't go. I can listen to hours of moaning at work and I don't need more of it :(

15 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don't even enjoy being part of our fanbase any more. It feels like us against the players, the manager and Mel Morris. It's hard work and I'm feeling totally pissed off with it. If I didn't have a ST I wouldn't go. I can listen to hours of moaning at work and I don't need more of it :(

It's part and parcel of derby. We have always booed players and managers 

19 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

It's part and parcel of derby. We have always booed players and managers 

I'm at an all time low I'm afraid, and I've been a fan a lot of years. It's not just the booing, it's the moaning and the vile comments on social media that I'm sure are posted just to get everyone's backs up. Ignorance is rife 

6 hours ago, Milk said:

You pay to SUPPORT.. 

If you don't wanna SUPPORT 

Don't pay ... 

The negativity in this place ... jeeez .. 

Sorry who are you exactly to tell me what I am spending my money on?

I pay to go and watch entertaining football. Doesn't mean I am guaranteed it but ultimately that is what I would like to see.

7 hours ago, Milk said:

You pay to SUPPORT.. 

If you don't wanna SUPPORT 

Don't pay ... 

The negativity in this place ... jeeez .. 

Who you support costs nothing, it's a personal choice.

who you applaud and who you boo is nothing to do with any body else it's a personal choice !

who you pay to watch is a personal choice.

if people want to boo then it's got nothing to do with any body else.

they paid to watch it so let them make up their own mind, what's it got to do with any body else ?

to be honest as a paid up season ticket holder i haven't even noticed the boos, I'm more focused on what's happening on the pitch and asking myself why have we only scored one goal in six games ?

thats more worrying than anybody booing ?

18 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

who you applaud and who you boo is nothing to do with any body else it's a personal choice !

they paid to watch it so let them make up their own mind, what's it got to do with any body else ?

to be honest as a paid up season ticket holder i haven't even noticed the boos, I'm more focused on what's happening on the pitch and asking myself why have we only scored one goal in six games ?

Apparently not. It's the booing that is causing boring tactics and football apparently

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm at an all time low I'm afraid, and I've been a fan a lot of years. It's not just the booing, it's the moaning and the vile comments on social media that I'm sure are posted just to get everyone's backs up. Ignorance is rife 

Well if you can't take the heat get out of the fire mate

Nevermind the reasons behind doing it, just think about the concept of "boo'ing". Still can't understand why anyone over the age of 5 would boo. Yet the grown men and women of Derby time and time again pull it out of the bag. It's pantomime stuff. 

Sad. Embarrassing. Childish. 

I miss going to the football but definitely don't miss our fan base. 

Booing  your own players is stupid, and it helps no one, yes boo the ref, boo the opposition, but never boo your own team, I go to the football to support my team through thick and thin, I get so fed up with these idiot fans, who no nothing about the game, please please if you do not want to get behind DCFC, then please do not come, if it makes you boo your team, you must not be enjoying it, so do not come, and spoil, the game, right now we need all fans behind us, as I am sure with our support, things will get better, if you want to carry on booing ? do at down the A52 , at the city ground Nottingham, now that would help us.

11 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Exactly, spot on on all of that, though the one caveat is that two or three who moaned and booed from first minute til last (regardless it seemed to what was happening on the pitch) last year really spoilt my enjoyment of going, to the point where I nearly stopped despite having season tickets. This season they seem not to be there, which is good.

Only booing I heard yesterday was at the ref after a couple of odd decisions.

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

Exactly, spot on on all of that, though the one caveat is that two or three who moaned and booed from first minute til last (regardless it seemed to what was happening on the pitch) last year really spoilt my enjoyment of going, to the point where I nearly stopped despite having season tickets. This season they seem not to be there, which is good.

Only booing I heard yesterday was at the ref after a couple of odd decisions.

Perhaps this is more of a stand thing ? I sit in the middle of the west stand right near the directors box, we are a strange bunch often berated for being boring and not singing, but on the other hand we never boo, hence I can honestly say I have not hear much booing, if however you are like @VulcanRam and you have somebody sat yards away constantly being negative I can understand a lot of the comments on here and our vastly differing opinions on the subject.

what stand are you in ?

could this be the self proffesed holier than though South standees causing this rumpus ? Is that where the booing is coming from ?? The flag waving beating heart of our support ? Are they in fact fickle rib ticklers who only sing when we're winning ?

who is doing the booing ? Let's have some video evidence posted !!

one thing we need to know about the pepole that boooing are they disapointed or are the passionate and i think it both and maybee the money the players get paid these days is sometimes to much for the performance that they give on the pitch on the weekend  

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Nevermind the reasons behind doing it, just think about the concept of "boo'ing". Still can't understand why anyone over the age of 5 would boo. Yet the grown men and women of Derby time and time again pull it out of the bag. It's pantomime stuff. 

Agreed.

I much preferred, and joined in with, the "what the £&@#ing hell was that?" chant after the final whistle at Burton. 

Much more adult. 

On 9/10/2016 at 19:37, Derbyram1983 said:

I think it's absolutely disgusting booing our players. They try their hardest and want to do well for the club. But some are on 20k plus and are breaking the wrong records again. Not only are they useless they are embarrassing. We are one of the highest paid clubs in terms of wages. And paid nearly 40 million pounds in transfer fees over the last few years. Burton are better than us and their record transfer is around 400k. Why do we always beak the wrong records of late. Lowest scoring English team, points in premier etc 

"They try their hardest and want to do well for the club" - well if that's what you want to think, you have every right to, although you then contradict those words in the rest of your post. In actual fact, there was much to be pleased with yesterday - to be so "on the front foot" from the kick-off was a complete surprise to most of us, as we expected the new guys to need a few games for everything to gell. I think we competed for probably 2/3 of the match, but then quite a large number of the team appeared to knock-off early. These guys aren't necessarily useless, it is that they are not as committed to the club as they ought to be.

There is word from the training ground that there are quite a few players who are only there to milk their contract, and don't give a flying fig for the club, and that this attitude is there to be seen at the training ground, as well as on Saturday. And it was clear to see against Newcastle, and that is what was being boooed. There were players who were giving it their all - Anya, for one, ans Will Hughes was clearly frustrated when he was available for a pass, but the ball either went elsewhere or never reached him.

What we need to ask is "how long before the free-loaders are sat on the bench or even left out of the squad to be replaced by those who do "give a damm"? And perhaps the players ought to be asking "What should we do to stop them boooing?!

On 9/10/2016 at 19:40, PistoldPete2 said:

Well we continue to be cr@p which might be why people were booing. I think the booing at half time was for the ref turning down penalties. Dunno about booing a full time, I was on my way home by then. 

Yes. But the booooing was not only for the penalty shouts, but for an absolutely terrible refereeing performance. It is almost as though the refs are vying for worst display of the season, and yesterdays buffoon is ought on his own, well ahead of the rest of the match officials. He gave us virtually no decisions further forward than the centre circle. I expected him to be boooed back on for the 2nd half, but that never happened.

But the boooing at the end was for the lack of effort for the last 20 or 30 minutes or so by a number of the players.

Archived