Booing

Sith Happens

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Yes. But the booooing was not only for the penalty shouts, but for an absolutely terrible refereeing performance. It is almost as though the refs are vying for worst display of the season, and yesterdays buffoon is ought on his own, well ahead of the rest of the match officials. He gave us virtually no decisions further forward than the centre circle. I expected him to be boooed back on for the 2nd half, but that never happened.

But the boooing at the end was for the lack of effort for the last 20 or 30 minutes or so by a number of the players.

Ref wasnt that bad,  he booked a few Newcastle players and its true newcastle were overly physical. The penalty shouts looked decent ones to me but some people say differently. havent seen any replays but  apart from these I didnt think the ref was that bad?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ref wasnt that bad,

Well I'm in the West stand too, right behind the home technical area and I admit to the booing along with a group of us there, we think it is fair game to boo poor officials; and it was clearly the officials that we booed.  I'm sure NP would've joined in if he could. It appears normal that it is  allowable for our players to be pushed and shoved and man handled, yet when we try it then it's an offence. Look at all the grief Christie had for example.

The problem is that when we are on Sky, it is far worse - you just know the officials will make a day of it.

I don't see the problem with Booing personally.

I don't do it myself but sometimes I think its good to let the players know the fans are angry.

People spend alot of money to watch these games, some people actually struggle financially to go and watch their team week in week out.

When I turn up and see the performances we have been put through recently I can totally understand why people are angry enough to boo their own team.

It isn't the end results that hurt, its the manner in which its happening, the players dont even look bothered, they are just collecting there ridiculously large paychecks and not giving 2 f**ks whether they win or lose.

BOOOO

On 11/09/2016 at 16:27, Derby blood said:

Booing  your own players is stupid, and it helps no one, yes boo the ref, boo the opposition, but never boo your own team, I go to the football to support my team through thick and thin, I get so fed up with these idiot fans, who no nothing about the game, please please if you do not want to get behind DCFC, then please do not come, if it makes you boo your team, you must not be enjoying it, so do not come, and spoil, the game, right now we need all fans behind us, as I am sure with our support, things will get better, if you want to carry on booing ? do at down the A52 , at the city ground Nottingham, now that would help us.

No need to boo at our gaffe fella, when we score 3/4 every week

We all get disappointed from time to time but it doesn't mean we have to boo at each opportunity.

Now think of your missus as one of the players. She takes her kit off and the 3 stone she should have shed before summer just never happened, you take one look and think, Jesus Christ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how do you think she is going to feel. I mean c'mon, she isn't going to brush it under the carpet and finish things, she'll be hurting and never want to see you again.

As I said in another post, if they are unhappy with fans booing them they should up their bloody game and do what they are paid to do.

I don't boo players but I don't have any issues with fans that do, we pay a lot of money each week and all we expect in return is for our overpaid prima donna's to perform at a decent level for 90 minutes.....come on people, is it really to much to ask?!?!?!

7 hours ago, Garry said:

Instead of boing why don't you sing the referees

Don't need to... we are so close to the touch line you can almost talk to the officials. They know and the team know who is being booed. Besides we are shouting why did you give that/miss that etc. etc.?

What is disappointing is the great swathe of folks in the SStand that boo at the end of the game  - now that is against the players and I don't support that, although each to their own. (Especially when you compare most folks' earnings to those of the players)

7 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

No need to boo at our gaffe fella, when we score 3/4 every week

how come you only score three quarters of a goal? how does that work?, do you get the same percentage knocked off as your ground capacity?

Why not just cut out the middle man here? Instead of booing, if we're not 3-0 inside 20 seconds just ritually flagellate the entire team with birch branches, repeating the dose every 2 minutes until we are satisfied they've learnt their lesson or they've scored half a dozen goals, whichever arrives soonest.

Archived