David Wagner

TomBustler1884

Good article here about the Huddersfield manager

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/09/huddersfield-david-wagner-no-electricity-no-beds-football-championship

I was really impressed by Huddersfield last year at the iPro, they just ran out of steam.

Would have been really interested to see Wagner here, Huddersfield are my dark horses this year.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said this pre season, Huddersfield have made some very good signings. Wagner looks a very good coach and I can honestly see them doing a Bournemouth under Wagner. 

It then makes me incredibly angry that we've spent 20 odd million and we look absolutey dross

26 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Good article here about the Huddersfield manager

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/09/huddersfield-david-wagner-no-electricity-no-beds-football-championship

I was really impressed by Huddersfield last year at the iPro, they just ran out of steam.

Would have been really interested to see Wagner here, Huddersfield are my dark horses this year.

Thought exactly the same last season, and called it straight after that game they'd be up and around top 6/8 this season. They may drop..... But they are a good footballing outfit.

10 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

These comments are only because they've had a decent start. They'll slide.

No they're not, as I said from the top I was impressed with their style and effort last season and note they have got off to a flyer this season. I like what he is trying to do and the way he is going about it.

I'd be amazed if they stay top 2, but they look an interesting bet for top 10 to me.

15 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

These comments are only because they've had a decent start. They'll slide.

Agreed They'll slide down.. Only team I can say is the dark horse or surprise package is Bristol City. 

I er, I predicted this on my podcast appearance so I'm kind of an early hipster

They probably will slide. But they'll do it playing good football and players playing the best they have in their careers so far. 

It's not just us they came and really got at last season. I made a point of watching them a couple of times after that and they had a similar story of being great between the boxes and a bit flappy when it really mattered. 

They don't look like they need too much work to make the cut. 

Perhaps after failing last season they should get a proven manager in like McCarthy and rebuild :ph34r:

1 hour ago, David said:

Seriously need to let it go, cast your mind back to the summer of 2015.

I think our spend last summer is over dramatised.... bent baird pearce were free transfers, carson as good as.... weimann shackell ince yes.... but the 2 on deadline day wouldnt have happened.... only were because of the 2 injuries to prince will and brys.

12 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

I think our spend last summer is over dramatised.... bent baird pearce were free transfers, carson as good as.... weimann shackell ince yes.... but the 2 on deadline day wouldnt have happened.... only were because of the 2 injuries to prince will and brys.

Funny you should say that as you're over dramatising Newcastle and Villa, they were relegated, both needed a rebuilding job.

Newcastle spent £55m but sold £85m as well as loaning out big named players on top of that.

Villa spent £50m, sold £16m and released 2 first team players. 

Derby spent £25m without a single player leaving. 

Both clubs signed players that you liked and were loosely linked to us in the media, that's all this is, neither club are "cnuts" time to let it go. 

27 minutes ago, David said:

Funny you should say that as you're over dramatising Newcastle and Villa, they were relegated, both needed a rebuilding job.

Newcastle spent £55m but sold £85m as well as loaning out big named players on top of that.

Villa spent £50m, sold £16m and released 2 first team players. 

Derby spent £25m without a single player leaving. 

Both clubs signed players that you liked and were loosely linked to us in the media, that's all this is, neither club are "cnuts" time to let it go. 

Agreed. Finding this hard to accept though.

Archived