Rawson

Bris Vegas

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do we see Rawson as a long-term Shackell replacement? 

There should be some contract news a tad later. Keep your eyes peeled

Not convinced. No real pace. Not a great passer, Strong and committed. Will have a decent pro career but I'm not sure it is at this level. Contract news on Rawson?

Heard owt on the Vydra front? 

Not seen enough of the lad to know, but I do like how he's always a goal threat. For me that shows he's got something about him, even as a defender. He was on the bench against Carlisle so is another of the youngsters to be given a squad number, our very own number 31. Good if he's earned a new contract with it.

Every team needs four central defenders they can rely on. We've sold Albentosa, Sir Jake and Shotton. You always felt Fozzy could cover the odd game there and we have two other players in the squad who can do similar in Baird and Hanson. Interestingly, Hanson has been reclassified on the official site as a Defender rather than Midfielder as he was known last year. But I think if two of the three mainstays were injured for a while we'd be looking at playing Farrend in that position.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Not convinced. No real pace. Not a great passer, Strong and committed. Will have a decent pro career but I'm not sure it is at this level. Contract news on Rawson?

Heard owt on the Vydra front? 

Not heard any new developments on Vydra. I've never actually seen Rawson play, but I remember Steve Evans was touting him for big things so I was quite surprised he didn't feature in the recent EFL Cup game.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/25/derby-defender-rawson-alerts-clubs-after-contract-snub/

Derby County defender Farrend Rawson has rejected a new deal to alert a number of clubs to his possible availability, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Central defender Rawson has come through the youth ranks at Derby, but has yet to make his debut for the first team.

Rawson is entering the final year of his contract at the iPro Stadium and the club were hoping to tie him down to a new deal.

However, he has turned down the club's offer of a new deal and a number of clubs are monitoring his situation at the Championship club.

Rawson has enjoyed two spells out on on loan at Rotherham in the last two season, making four appearances in his first two-month loan stay before making 16 appearances last season.

The 20-year-old was due to spend all of last season at Rotherham, but he was recalled early in February by Derby.

Rawson's performances out on loan at Rotherham brought him to the attention of a number of clubs and Southend United have made an offer to sign the defender.

Derby have snubbed the offer from Southend as they have no plans to sell or loan out Rawson leaving the defender in limbo as he has rejected the club's offer of extending his contract.

Interesting to see the lad back himself and I applaud wanting to play. As I said, he's been given a squad number and was in the squad against Carlisle, but it's rare to make defensive subs unless there's an injury. And a few will be queuing up ahead of him for the game against the scousers. There's only a week to go until the window closes and this might be a surprse. Given any fee will be small, I'm happy to make him wait till January and see how the land lies and whether he's been able to break through.

Having sold three central defenders already over the summer I would have thought he'd be OK to bide his time as his chances have got a whole load better; if he leaves we will have to replace him. Do we get a backup central defender or a star player mmuch better than Shackell or Keogh?

Surely playing against the best up and coming Prem players on similar wages is better than giving up pushing for a first team place and going to a lower league team? Seems a bit of a shame, good CB's are a dying breed he clearly has potential or we wouldn't be offering a new deal. 

I can see it from his angle, but I'd like to see a smidgen of loyalty from the lad all the same.

If he leaves, we'll need to sign a defender. Don't see it happening.

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

What if he goes to a smaller champ club and loves it, he doesn't want to bide his time? Think that happened last year, with Fatty Arbuckle tipping him for England one day, no wonder he feels disappointed to be 4th choice here.

Whether he's a loss I'm not sure, it reminds me of Ian Evatt years back, never quite made it higher up, but still a good pro.

Archived