Matej Vydra - Signed 4 year deal

Curtains

Could do with Watford deciding fast, deadline day on Wednesday and we need players in fast, not being in squad could mean he's getting closer

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seth's left foot said:

I get what you're saying but shouldn't a seasoned pro like BJ have a 'i'll show you' mentality? It's not like Spain where they stop the players driving away from the ground, they're paid to perform under pressure.

If I was Jim White i'd tell that Rob Dorsett to stand outside Moor farm on deadline day :whistle:

We aren't as intense as in Spain agreed. 

Unfortunately it appears BJ doesn't have that I'll show you lot attitude, he seems to crumble.

But if ever time you or I went to work and were roundly chastised (by what must feel like everyone) it would without doubt effect my overall performances. 

This inturn leads to a seige mentality within the squad as let's not forget the other players are his mates.  

It really is a frustrating market when clubs like Watford who have plenty of money want up to £10m for a player that they won't play and is no longer part of their plans. Can we please broaden our scope when it comes to recruitment. That isn't to say that he is a bad player. But there are players in European and South American leagues that we can get for a fraction of the price that is now normal for talent from clubs in this country. We are not even looking in these places. The benefit is that if it doesn't work out you can sell these players back to the league they came from for around the same fee you paid. We did for Raul and probably will for Camara. 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its done. 

Announced when mate? Any idea on the fee? I think he's a great player at this level if we use him correctly, however I hope we haven't forked out £10mil for him. His Reading season should've driven his price down. Anything more than £7mil and I'd say Watford have got a pretty good deal out of this.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Announced when mate? Any idea on the fee? I think he's a great player at this level if we use him correctly, however I hope we haven't forked out £10mil for him. His Reading season should've driven his price down. Anything more than £7mil and I'd say Watford have got a pretty good deal out of this.

Announced today. 

Not sure on the fee. 

5 minutes ago, AdamRusty15 said:

Hearing from an inside source that we are signing Matej Vydra from Watford. Looks like he will sign sometime this week.

Cheers for the info mate, is the German CB coming in this week aswell?

Archived