DCFC on Football focus

Jon_Grooves

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

I think its 17% increase a cancer forming within either your stomach or bowel because of red /processed meats. Its so bad that the medical profession have been lobbing the government for health warnings to be place on those foods.

The meat marketing board have always denied the findings but recently this year the link was proved.

Do you know the quantity consumed relating to the 17% risk increase?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You might be onto something.

Bacon flavoured poppadoms; a bit like massive frazzles. Lardons in the bhaji and sag aloo. Streaky in the naan bread. No ghee in the curry; just bacon fat. Layers of smoked back in the rogan josh. Bacon pilau. And pork scratchings instead of an after eight mint with the bill. 

But I'm still having lamb tikka tonight. 

Its this kind of visionary thinking that has made our country great.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

I think its 17% increase a cancer forming within either your stomach or bowel because of red /processed meats. Its so bad that the medical profession have been lobbing the government for health warnings to be place on those foods.

The meat marketing board have always denied the findings but recently this year the link was proved.

That is true, although, it's an increase in relative risk, so if your risk factor was 0.01%, and you eat substantial amounts it would rise to 0.0117% (numbers plucked out my ar$s for illustrative purposes). It is a real and significant effect.

It does not mean you should never eat bacon.

It does mean that eating lots of bacon every day is not healthy, but if you needed a statistical demonstration of the significant increase in relative cancer risk to understand that eating a butt-ton of bacon isn't particularly good for your health then you have a strange view of life.

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Not true. They will significantly raise your risk of getting those cancers. Being obese (a fat Kn*k*r) also raises your cancer risk. Even smoking is not a certainty of developing cancer, the disease doesn't work like that (although to be absolutely clear, smoking does damage your body in so many ways that if cancer doesn't get you some of the many other increased strains probably will, be it stroke, respiratory problems, heart problems and smoking has the clearest link to cancer by far).

So as i said, everything in moderation (apart from smoking)

I read somewhere that the chances equated to every 15th fag there was a chance of a mutation, is that right?

1 minute ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I read somewhere that the chances equated to every 15th fag there was a chance of a mutation, is that right?

I have no idea, the numbers may well suggest something like that, but from my (limited understanding) for all the research that's done cancer still essentially a random thing that happens, although things like smoking or bacon have been demonstrated to increase the chances of that happening. So in no way what so ever does that mean if you stop after 14 fags it's all groovy.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I have no idea, the numbers may well suggest something like that, but from my (limited understanding) for all the research that's done cancer still essentially a random thing that happens, although things like smoking or bacon have been demonstrated to increase the chances of that happening. So in no way what so ever does that mean if you stop after 14 fags it's all groovy.

What? So your'e not a doctor? I wish i hadn't private messaged all those pictures of my rash to you now.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We're all gonna die in the end.

58 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Death takes us all, friend. 

Unless you're a transhumanist and believe that in the coming decades scientists will be able to cure and then reverse aging. The future's bright! The Rams may yet win the Premier League in our (extended) lifetimes.

35 minutes ago, toddy said:

The significance of the 17% percent increase depends on the base line rate of stomach or bowel cancer.  If 1 in 5 get those form of cancer then it's of huge significance.  If it's 1 in 5,000, then bacon 'cancer' is as big a threat to humanity as top heavy vending machines. 

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Unless you're a transhumanist and believe that in the coming decades scientists will be able to cure and then reverse aging. The future's bright! The Rams may yet win the Premier League in our (extended) lifetimes.

I believed all the facets of this thread. Until now. 

1 hour ago, WystonRam said:

If you were the owner of a sandwich factory and the factory was underperforming , would you expect the owner to stay away from the factory floor ?

I think you'd pull you managers in and dicuss what is going wrong rather than going storming up to Kylie on fillings and giving her the Spanish Inquisition.

Ive only read up to page 3 of the replies, but i think those of you that think Derby are a hated team have their blinkers on. Derby arnt hated at all, apart from maybe Forest fans.

Maybe the thought of being a fan of a hated team is appealing to some of you? but pundits that arnt Derby fans give there own honest opinion, not because they hate Derby.

Lawrenson and Holloway are going to hear about what goes in at all football clubs behind closed doors, so maybe they have heard things we dont know about about Mel Morris etc?

In Mels defense, hes new to this role and im sure he'll learn from his mistakes as he goes along like with any new job.

Archived