DCFC on Football focus

Jon_Grooves

Anyone else just see the might rams and Pearson on football focus?

If the players watched it, itd be a nice bit of motivation for them, but the stand out comment to me was at the end which came from Mark Lawrenson. ''Managers need to manage up as well as down, and Pearson needs to be left alone to manage the club''.

Basically a manager, Pearson in this case needs to manage the players as well as the chairman. Obv Lawrenson is going to know what goes on behind closed doors in football and hes in the know. So this comment made me think, that has Mel Morris really interfered within the team previously and its become common knowledge within football?

I know those of you that had a meeting with Mel and the tour of moor farm etc say he didnt, but does he really?

If he did, lets hope hes learned from his mistakes and will let Pearson crack on.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Lawrenson has no time for us whatsoever, ever since he resigned as the manger of Oxford United when we "bought" Dean Saunders off them. I would imagine anything he says about is still tinged with bitterness and personal opinion rather than anything factual.

6 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

No story here. Just Lawrenson's opinion. Nothing to suggest that any interference is happening. 

If he did then I can't imagine Will Hughes would have been dropped. 

Yet we remember Mel bursting into the dressing room. Just because people are saying he sticks his neck in doesn't imply he makes all the decisions. It's simple. He is the owner. Should stay away from the football. Nothing to do with him. 

Just now, Uptherams said:

Yet we remember Mel bursting into the dressing room. Just because people are saying he sticks his neck in doesn't imply he makes all the decisions. It's simple. He is the owner. Should stay away from the football. Nothing to do with him. 

If you were the owner of a sandwich factory and the factory was underperforming , would you expect the owner to stay away from the factory floor ?

5 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

If you were the owner of a sandwich factory and the factory was underperforming , would you expect the owner to stay away from the factory floor ?

Another argument for bacon.

Bacon solves everything.

3 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

The implication is that the owner knows what is best. They don't. The manager oversees football operations. The owner should never undermine the manager. They can argue all they like in private. But the manager controls all football operations and decides what to do. The owner of the club should especially never undermine the manager in front of the coaching staff or players. 

Just now, toddy said:

Nope, just a bag of chemicals injected into meat that will give you cancer.....................

Tastiest....cancer....ever!!!

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The media decided in favour of Clement because he's been abroad and at Madrid ooooohhhh. Basically.

I never expect even a remotely fair and accurate depiction of DCFC in the media. 

True. They all have their favourites. The BBC microscopically reports Man Utd and if a new type of chocolate appears in a vending machine at Loftus Road, 'War Declared' would slip to the second headline.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Nope, just a bag of chemicals injected into meat that will give you cancer.....................

Only if you buy cheap bacon. 

1 minute ago, David said:

So the old FL Show hates us, football on 5 hates us, Ian Holloway hates us and now Mark Lawrenson.

Is it time to nick Millwall's no one likes us we don't care chant?

You have to expect people to hate DCFC.

They are jealous of the glamour associated with the club and the devil-may-care style of its fans that so attracts the ladies.

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

All bacon is cancerous, red meat... then add your chems....double the % of getting either or both bowel and stomach cancer.

My point being you can get bacon without chemicals in it. 

And who cares that red meat is cancerous? Everything is cancerous/poisonous at some quantity. Death takes us all, friend. 

Archived