Third kit reveal

EnigmaRam

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County will reveal their new Umbro third kit for the 2016/17 season at INTU Derby on Wednesday 24th August.

The likes of Darren Bent, Craig Bryson, Scott Carson and Will Hughes will all be in attendance at Darwin Square, Level 1 outside Boots, to show off Derby’s 2016/17 home and away kits at a catwalk event before revealing this season’s third kit, which will be available to pre-order from 2:45pm on the day at dcfcmegastore.com. 

The quartet will be joined by a selection of players from the Rams’ Academy and members of the Derby County Ladies first-team squad to model the kits.

There will be chance for crowd participation at the event and the opportunity to win a number of Rams related prizes.

The catwalk show will run from 2pm for around 45 minutes, before supporters will have the chance to meet and have photos with Derby duo Nick Blackman and Johnny Russell for a ‘Selfie Session’ on the Upper Mall.

Supporters are encouraged to download SnapChat and have this available to use in the photobooth as players can use the pen tool within Snapchat to sign the photos.

It promises to be a fun-filled afternoon of fun for Rams fans – don’t miss out!

Please note:Players and timings are subject to change. No other items will be signed at this event.

Something else for people to moan about. 

Between this forum and the DET comments on stories, I often ask myself whether Derbiens are the moat miserable negative people on the planet. Not just because we moan about football - everyone does that - but because we cannot find anything positive in anything. Every bit of news from the club... lets jump on it and slag it off; every bit of news jn the City... lets jump on it and take the cynical negative angle. 

I'm even being negative about being negative. Must be in the water.

8 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Something else for people to moan about. 

Between this forum and the DET comments on stories, I often ask myself whether Derbiens are the moat miserable negative people on the planet. Not just because we moan about football - everyone does that - but because we cannot find anything positive in anything. Every bit of news from the club... lets jump on it and slag it off; every bit of news jn the City... lets jump on it and take the cynical negative angle. 

I'm even being negative about being negative. Must be in the water.

I've never been negative about a kit. I've always liked every kit. 

But I don't see the point in taking a selection of players into Derby, making them amble down a catwalk in them and then go home. From what I've seen of kit reveals there's often about half of people don't like it, so they're just going to be walking to some claps supported by echoing "uh", "ugh" and "ew"s". 

I don't have a problem with public kit reveals generally but making them walk down a catwalk is just cringeworthy.

Hughes will probably embrace it and strut his way down, he already does that for the TV and team photos and stuff.

But they're also taking a player in Bent who is currently splitting opinion (the majority splitting to the negative) and based on our transfer interest and his injury I don't think it's all that likely he's going to swing that back round to the positive before going. So there's going to be at least one clown there letting him know they think he's ****. 

Just now, Shang said:

It must be fantastic if they're having a launch for it. Surely our home kit should have had a launch instead.

Last seasons third was great though.

I'll completely come round to the idea of a catwalk launch if the kit contains colours I can't currently comprehend. 

I've liked every kit too to be fair. Just prefer kits without collars and that are a tight fit to show off my godlike physique ?

Maybe when these guys retire they can claim experience in the fashion industry and go all beck ham as a second career

Archived