First name on the for sale sign

archied

Tweek my arse ,, we need a total rebuild ,, first name on the for sale sign ? Any one except Carson and I would not bat an eyelid,,, this group of players won't ever get us up ,,,, they great if any team is worried about us and stands off and let's us pretty pretty but that's been Sussex long ago ,,, these players a group have no fight ,determination or grit needed to get us anywhere ,, formation ain't the problem , we've seen it time and time again when we were 4/3/3 some real gutless performances even in the fabled formation ,,, Pearson can sell who he likes for me and rebuild

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tweak was only needed for a 433. Should have given Wassall the job, he would have faired far better with this current set of players. Only needed one more quality wide player, back-up at RB and ST.

Now, in a 442, we need an overhaul.

Let's give Will Hughes a chance at the PL.

Martin and Hughes are the best two footballers at the club.

Instead of selling them...and I know this is controversial...how about putting them in the team?

It's winding me up people slating NP already. We played well only a handful of games last season using 433,  the only reason we made the playoffs is because of how poor the league was. Formation isn't the issue. A big shake up / change of personnel is needed. 

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

It's winding me up people slating NP already. We played well only a handful of games last season using 433,  the only reason we made the playoffs is because of how poor the league was. Formation isn't the issue. A big shake up / change of personnel is needed. 

What would you describe as playing well? Battering somebody 5-0?

We won plenty of games under Clement where we were comfortable. We didn't have 30 shots on goal and 20 corners, but we comfortably outplayed the opposition and won the game.

Rarely did we actually put in a dreadful performance. 

This idea that we only played 'well' for a handful of games last season is absurd. I can name you a few games where we didn't play well at all, but any team in the world can say that.

We've been second best in both of our games this season. We were probably second best in say one in every five or six games last season. Big difference there.

@Bris Vegas I have to disagree. We were playing the 433 under Clement and Wassall with no fluidity to our game, it was nowhere near what we saw under Mac. And I put that down to the silly spend and an unsettled squad, with the addition of a few players being found out. 

A lot of the games could of gone either way. Only a handful of games did we control, I'm not talking thrashing teams, I'm talking good team performances.

I think we need to sell those players that are unlikely to be able to adapt to the NP way of playing. For me the main  3 of these would be:

1. Bryson

2. Martin

3. Johnson

Unfortunately I think Hughes may also be on his way which collectively would give us c£30m to re invest in the team for a right winger, central midfielder & centre forward x 2. 

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

I think we need to sell those players that are unlikely to be able to adapt to the NP way of playing. For me the main  3 of these would be:

1. Bryson

2. Martin

3. Johnson

Unfortunately I think Hughes may also be on his way which collectively would give us c£30m to re invest in the team for a right winger, central midfielder & centre forward x 2. 

Bryson's been a shining light in our dire midfield so far though. 

His battling and engine is exactly what you need in a 4-4-2

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'd also argue 4-4-2 and a direct team might just revive the Derby career of Johnson. Johnson was manifestly unsuited to Clement's team but might have a job in Pearson's (i.e. we've given up on passing to each other).

I think Pearson is right, it's psychological issues.....mentality.....

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Or best of a over hyped and average bunch 

1st Name for me, despite NP saying Bent might be an important player this season, is Bent ( http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/darren-bent-could-have-key-role-to-play-for-derby-county-this-season-says-rams-boss/story-29613079-detail/story.html)  

I think he definately NOT the answer, i dont need to elaborate.. Sell him tho ??   (who would buy him ?? )

Blackman.. what does he do well consitently ? one of PCs weird buys. sell him too, if we can...

Hendrick, yes has some qualities but... 8m i'd rip their arm off.

Keep Bryson.

Martin, a tough one, i have always liked him, guile and a great footy brain, but will he do it in the prem, i think not, sell

Hughes, seems off the boil, but for me if he still wants to pull on the shirt he stays.as for Butterfield.,i think he has a future here too.

Johnson, he was quality when he 1st came, what went wrong ? can he get that back ? we need someone behind Hughes and Butters ?

We need cover for Thorne , Mile Jedinak ??

For me, we need 2 new forwards, a wide player (no point playing Ince or butters out there its not what they do !) and a centre forward, as none of the above can do the job longer term, or even now, who that is i dont know , and another Thorne :)

I like Weiman, i know most dont, but i just think he too needs playing in the right position too, he's another who has been slated for playing poorly (out of position)

Defence on paper should be good, but football isnt played on paper as we've seen of late, but sell any, not for me.

Archived