Fernando Forestieri

DcFc Dyycheee

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Do we really want that kind of attitude in our ranks?

Already have one in Shackell if some reports are to be believed. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

I don't want him here if he's refusing to play for Wednesday. He'll just do the same to us if a bigger club comes sniffing....

Agreed! Symptomatic of everything that's wrong in professional football today. Agents are the curse of the modern game - they now hold all the aces. In these circumstances, what's needed is for clubs to make players sit out their contracts in the stiffs but that'll never happen unfortunately.

When Forestieri's name was linked with us I was more than happy to have him here but not now.

44 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Carlos Carvalhal interview in a nutshell:

Forestieri's head was turned last week but him and the captain managed to convince him to stay. He trained all week like normal but yesterday after training said he did not want to play. The chairman came to meet CC and was very strict and said no player is leaving whatsoever. CC then said lets see after this if any teams interested still go after him as he thinks there are rules in England about transfers that would be broken if any club does. He sounds very, very angry. 

There are no rules that prevent clubs from bidding for any player and nothing to stop a club turning down those bids.

There are rules preventing direct contact between a interested club and a player without his clubs permission but we all know there are ways around it via agents who seem to ignore rules when it suits their or their clients agenda.

PistoldPete2
22 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Hang on maybe he has a release clause which has been met and he is peed of his contract isn't being adhered to? Not sayin that is the case but may be a reason. 

Agreed. We don't know the whole story. And a player is entitled to ask for a transfer, and not to have his manager ranting on TV. 

It really does not matter how angry they are or what they say the player always gets their way in the end.

They will have to release him because he will only decrease in value if they do not play him plus he is also a disruptive figure around the club, it is very well taking a stand (and I applaud anyone who does) but the gain from moving him out to whoever monetary wise and in squad harmony maybe the best option 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Agreed. We don't know the whole story. And a player is entitled to ask for a transfer, and not to have his manager ranting on TV. 

Spot on mate. Could be anything, and it seems our lot on here are going by what comes out from wednesdays end.... situation could be totally different.... he could have signed on a lower wage with an agreement of a buy out clause like i said.... so lets not all jump to conclusions and paint him as a villian.... time will tell and truth will come out (when mackworth ram spills the beans) :p

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I just hope its not us who gets the pillock, might be a good player but I'd rather miss out on a player costing 7+m and having temper tantrums every time more money is at stake. 

Yeah because we all wouldn't want to earn more money if given a chance would we ;):p

4 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

They are angering me very much. B******s signing everyone. Wont believe it though till mackworth says so

I hope they get him... then proceed to have an absolute nightmare of a season and finish mid-table... get put under an embargo and end up broke. that'll give the darling geordies something to really moan about. 

They seem to be taking the "that hasn't worked so far, so lets go out and splash another 20m on something else".. they'll end up like us, a bloated squad with no real system in place, just a bunch of expensive 2nd division players.. which is why I'm chuffed we've got a man who's sorted out 2 clubs in this predicament before (Hull and Leicester). Newcastle with any luck will keep throwing more and more £s at it and fail miserably. 

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

I hope they get him... then proceed to have an absolute nightmare of a season and finish mid-table... get put under an embargo and end up broke. that'll give the darling geordies something to really moan about. 

Wont happen.... certain clubs get away with it.... them, festa, qpr.... its just proper clubs like us who would get punished and docked 100 points and have 50m fine

Archived