Mel willing to put in 'another £50 million'

CastletonRam

Wont be 50m just on transfers though? there's no way he's going to bankroll us to that tune and then plough more money into the training ground, the ground and other areas. Surely someone is advising him about running a football club, its great he's willing but he's putting our futures and his own at risk imo, and that isn't good, its a massive gamble and if it doesn't pay off it could cripple us. 

Let NP build a team, if it takes 3 or 4 years then so be it, but don't pander to the now now now generation, Mel. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

No... We were about £5 away...

I reckon you could get a really decent stick for £5 to beat Pearson with until he sends Hughes on to the pitch...

Hughes was the only one I didn't agree with Saturday, he should be the first name on the team sheet every week.

3 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Wont be 50m just on transfers though? there's no way he's going to bankroll us to that tune and then plough more money into the training ground, the ground and other areas. Surely someone is advising him about running a football club, its great he's willing but he's putting our futures and his own at risk imo, and that isn't good, its a massive gamble and if it doesn't pay off it could cripple us. 

Let NP build a team, if it takes 3 or 4 years then so be it, but don't pander to the now now now generation, Mel. 

people popped a gasket after a 0-0 with promotion rivals Brighton, me thinks 3-4 years would cause discord amongst the ranks :lol:

I just wonder where all these folks were during the Clough years, or back when we went down around 2002 I remember Grimsby doing us over 3-1 at our place. Those were **** times, now people complain because we don't hammer our rivals at the top of the league. Anyone remember the boxing day when Norwich did us like 4 or 5 nil? Great times.

32 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I just wonder where all these folks were during the Clough years, or back when we went down around 2002 I remember Grimsby doing us over 3-1 at our place. Those were **** times, now people complain because we don't hammer our rivals at the top of the league. Anyone remember the boxing day when Norwich did us like 4 or 5 nil? Great times.

The first about 7 years of my derby supporting experience was constant relegation battles and drubbings. 4-0 at home to liverpool, 4-0 at home to norwich, 3-0 at home to Wolves, 4-1 on a last day of the season against Ipswich. 6-1 and 6-2 at Coventry for the love of god!!! Not to mention some terrible trips to Cardiff.  We have also seen a 4-0 home defeat to Preston wasn't it when we were a so called Premier League Club (only by status really) in the cup and many other drubbings during that season. But 0-0 against a good Brighton team is too much to bear for some it would seem.

Didn't we lose 3-0 at home to stoke on the opening day once under George Burley? A season later he had us finishing fourth. Who knows what would of happened if he hadn't resigned.

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

The first about 7 years of my derby supporting experience was constant relegation battles and drubbings. 4-0 at home to liverpool, 4-0 at home to norwich, 3-0 at home to Wolves, 4-1 on a last day of the season against Ipswich. 6-1 and 6-2 at Coventry for the love of god!!! Not to mention some terrible trips to Cardiff.  We have also seen a 4-0 home defeat to Preston wasn't it when we were a so called Premier League Club (only by status really) in the cup and many other drubbings during that season. But 0-0 against a good Brighton team is too much to bear for some it would seem.

4-1, Earnshaw scored!

3 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Didn't we lose 3-0 at home to stoke on the opening day once under George Burley? A season later he had us finishing fourth. Who knows what would of happened if he hadn't resigned.

Indeed, I was genuinely gutted George left but we later found out why he wanted no part of what was going on with that board. I did go to the Cardiff away when Marco Reich scored that top corner worldie, attempted the Mumbles mile that night. Great day out.

Lot of drubbings I've blanked from memory to be fair, we lost to some absolute rubbish back then. Those Cov games were ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Indeed, I was genuinely gutted George left but we later found out why he wanted no part of what was going on with that board. I did go to the Cardiff away when Marco Reich scored that top corner worldie, attempted the Mumbles mile that night. Great day out.

Lot of drubbings I've blanked from memory to be fair, we lost to some absolute rubbish back then. Those Cov games were ridiculous.

Just looked back at the results in that fourth placed season. We actually lost 4 of our first 7 games and 5 of our first 9. Including a 4-2 home defeat to Crewe! Shows how bad you can start the season but end up having a good season. 

4 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Just looked back at the results in that fourth placed season. We actually lost 4 of our first 7 games and 5 of our first 9. Including a 4-2 home defeat to Crewe! Shows how bad you can start the season but end up having a good season. 

You know I was going to say, swear Crewe battered us. Lad called Jones scored if I recall correctly, don't think people even booed back then.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

You know I was going to say, swear Crewe battered us. Lad called Jones scored if I recall correctly, don't think people even booed back then.

People expected it back then. I am now spending my sick day just looking back at old season results. Look back here at 03/04, I forgot how close we were to going down to league 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Derby_County_F.C._season#Results 

12 minutes ago, Ramos said:

People expected it back then. I am now spending my sick day just looking back at old season results. Look back here at 03/04, I forgot how close we were to going down to league 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003–04_Derby_County_F.C._season#Results 

We sang 'Leon, sign for us' in the SE corner after the last home game. I remember being pretty sure we'd have gone down without him. Cheeky home loss to Walsall there too.

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Spending £30 million on new players, breaking our transfer record three times in one winder, proclaming the club a PL club whose ideals is to follow in the mould of Southampton - it's easy to see why expectations have increased.

You don't spend that sort if cash and make those sorts of noises if you're intent on sticking around in the second tier and being happy with 0-0 home draws where you've largely been outplayed.

I think most would be much more forgiving if we still had NC's squad here and not squandered shed loads of money on 'high-profile' players such as Ince, Bent, Johnson etc.

Archived