Mel willing to put in 'another £50 million'

CastletonRam

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Spending £30 million on new players, breaking our transfer record three times in one winder, proclaming the club a PL club whose ideals is to follow in the mould of Southampton - it's easy to see why expectations have increased.

You don't spend that sort if cash and make those sorts of noises if you're intent on sticking around in the second tier and being happy with 0-0 home draws where you've largely been outplayed.

I think most would be much more forgiving if we still had NC's squad here and not squandered shed loads of money on 'high-profile' players such as Ince, Bent, Johnson etc.

I agree and I would suggest that signing johnson was shed loads of money on ordinary players, Bris.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 03/04 season was probably the worst in my memory. Brilliant achievement by burley to keep us up. Pesch and Osman key. Club was in real dire straits then, and some complain about today! 

In terms of Mel having 50m to spend, great! Even better we have a manager who will spend it wisely , balance the books as appropriate and actually build something instead of doing a forest or a Paul clement or Jewell and wasting it. Mels money with Pearson spending will eventually get us where we want to be.

12 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/3585792.stm

Steve Jones got 2, David Vaughan and Dean Ashton the others. That's how you lose a game, if you're going to lose, do it  badly to a small club.

I was at that game with my dad.... wasn't best pleased with that performance lol. 

Back then we were dreadful, and I'm amazed Burley took the core of that side to the playoffs tbh.

On 07/08/2016 at 14:11, Tombo said:

Where is the evidence he eve said this? Where is the clarity exactly? I wouldn't wipe my arse with these kinds of news stories.

In fact if I'm stranded on the bog with no toilet paper and you handed me this nonsense 'story' and said it was the only bit of paper you could find in the whole of Derby, I'd rather hop down to the shed, trousers around my ankles, and wipe my arse with sandpaper.

Sandpaper, also known by the Choctaw Indians as John Wayne toilet paper " It rough, it tough, it take no **** from you" You're welcome.

Archived