Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

:thumbsup:

Ha ,ha class. As much as I wish that was true, not sure the championship is on the radar of the average Monaco player. Mind you, tell them we have a Marina similiar to the one in Monaco at Shardlow and Willington might sway it.....

Donnington Park, similar to the Monaco grand prix. Come on Mel, make it happen!!!

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Ha ,ha class. As much as I wish that was true, not sure the championship is on the radar of the average Monaco player. Mind you, tell them we have a Marina similiar to the one in Monaco at Shardlow and Willington might sway it.....

Donnington Park, similar to the Monaco grand prix. Come on Mel, make it happen!!!

It's easy, just tell them the truth, Derby County are much better than Leicester City. Only lost the fa cup replay because we fielded our reserves.

Brizzle City beating Uddersfield 2-0 at HT, after 14+ minutes of injury time. Great second goal with almost the last kick. Not counting any chickens. If Brizzle do win, the Gumps will be left hovering one place above the drop zone before kickoff. My secret fun hope was that they wouldnt actually fall into the relegation zone until the final minute of the last game of the season, but really I'd be quite happy for it to happen at full time tomorrow! Which it may because Blackburn also kick off at 1pm.

Shame about Sheffield Wednesday losing....couldn't happen to a nicer club tbf. 

Their forum is a lot like ours has been/is/was/will be. 

1 minute ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Anyone else think that Huddersfield could beat our record if they get promoted? Their best players are loans and they have gone through the whole season getting 1-0 and 2-1 wins.

Keep hoping and praying somebody will beat that record. Sick to the back teeth of pundits quoting it but in all honesty I doubt it will ever be beaten. Can't believe Jewell blagged another job after that debacle. Always pisses me off when I see him as a pundit. He's in no position to judge anyone the bell end!!

They are at least till this aft, when any kind of result for Fulham at home against Wolves would have the Cottagers replace them.

To be fair with the nature of last night's game a win for Fulham today was always going to put them into the top six, no matter what last night's result was.

Reading and Huddersfield deserve to be in the top six at the moment, but I can't quite believe how poor their goal difference is. +2 and +4 is what you'd associate with a side sitting in 10th position, not one looking at getting around 80+ points to finish in the top six.

I really hope Fulham make it. It's obvious from their GD they ought to be in there.

16 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Keep hoping and praying somebody will beat that record. Sick to the back teeth of pundits quoting it but in all honesty I doubt it will ever be beaten. Can't believe Jewell blagged another job after that debacle. Always pisses me off when I see him as a pundit. He's in no position to judge anyone the bell end!!

joking aside, did you think, or do you think looking back, that he had the players to do any better?

20 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

joking aside, did you think, or do you think looking back, that he had the players to do any better?

Fair point, the squad was pretty dire that season. However we didn't win a single game in the premier league under his stewardship and for that reason he will always be our worst ever manager. Just look at Ian Holloway with Blackpool, his squad was limited but he almost managed to keep them up.  Jewells masterstroke to save us was to sign the headless chicken that is Robbie Savage. We'll be forever a premier league laughing stock due to his incompetence.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Fair point, the squad was pretty dire that season. However we didn't win a single game in the premier league under his stewardship and for that reason he will always be our worst ever manager. Just look at Ian Holloway with Blackpool, his squad was limited but he almost managed to keep them up.  Jewells masterstroke to save us was to sign the headless chicken that is Robbie Savage. We'll be forever a premier league laughing stock due to his incompetence.

Holloway had players that were PL standard, and moved to other PL sides afterwards.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Holloway had players that were PL standard, and moved to other PL sides afterwards.

My point was that he got the best out of what he had. Can you honestly say Jewell did? Doubt he will ever get another managerial position. Ipswich must have been desperate to appoint him.

Archived