no transfers required

Looking at who each team has bought is there anyone that I would have liked us to sign? Matt Ritchie? Think that is about it, but even then I wouldn't want to spend the amount Newcastle have.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, rynny said:

Looking at who each team has bought is there anyone that I would have liked us to sign? Matt Ritchie? Think that is about it, but even then I wouldn't want to spend the amount Newcastle have.

Wigan signed a decent defender called Buxton, wouldn't have minded him if I had known he was going so cheap.

A Right Back for completion is all we need, just looking at the team today it's aleady got very good championship players on the bench, why get more? 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Ritchie, Abdi, Jesus Gamez(unrealistic) for me. 

Pearson is giving everyone a chance. if you do not take it, what can you say to him? Mardiness will be banished and hard work will take its place.

Pearson's Plan A - Win it by passing, Plan B - Win it by effort. Plan C - get some more players.

Slightly disappointed by Pearson's quoted comments in the DET where he says:

"We have interest in a number of players we think would possibly strengthen our squad"

I am only interested in us buying players who demonstrably strengthen the first team. Our recruitment policy of squad fillers really hasn't worked. Any incomings need to take the first team to a higher level and if they cannot be found I'm happy not to bring anyone in for the sake of it and have a summer without buying anybody.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

"We have interest in a number of players we think would possibly strengthen our squad"

I am only interested in us buying players who demonstrably strengthen the first team. Our recruitment policy of squad fillers really hasn't worked. Any incomings need to take the first team to a higher level and if they cannot be found I'm happy not to bring anyone in for the sake of it and have a summer without buying anybody.

In fairness, it wouldn't do much for squad morale if he said we've got eyes on a number of players who are miles better than what we've got.

49 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Why are you disappointed out of interest?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Strikes me as a non-committal nothing really happening type of comment - it's not we're expecting/trying hard/looking to move for which I'd expect if anything was actually in motion. Might also be that we decided keeping Hendrick was better than selling him and getting the players we're interested in.

Or to put it another way, to say "we have enough, we're going with the squad we got" is a hell of a big statement to make.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why are you disappointed out of interest?

Didn't I explain myself? Squad bloating is to my mind one of the reasons we haven't won promotion as a club. Instead of paying a truly exceptional player £40k a week to help lead us into the top flight, inspiring those around him and lifting the whole club, we've wanted to bring in four players all much of a muchness on £15k a week who may or may not make the squad on matchday. If we continue that recruitment policy I shall continue to be disappointed. It has a negative effect on the overall squad morale because a lot of the senior players aren't getting a chance because we have too many senior players.

27 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Didn't I explain myself? Squad bloating is to my mind one of the reasons we haven't won promotion as a club. Instead of paying a truly exceptional player £40k a week to help lead us into the top flight, inspiring those around him and lifting the whole club, we've wanted to bring in four players all much of a muchness on £15k a week who may or may not make the squad on matchday. If we continue that recruitment policy I shall continue to be disappointed. It has a negative effect on the overall squad morale because a lot of the senior players aren't getting a chance because we have too many senior players.

Sorry I mis-read the first post, I thought your thoughts were Pearsons quote!

Archived