New Friendly Confirmed

Srg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, hales300k said:

what,s the nearest airport ? did bohemians and utrecht , had a great time on both , bit skint after a trip to the euros but be a nice pre season weekender

For Karlsruhe? If so Karlsruhe /Baden Baden. 

Stuttgart is also the nearest and get the train

Dusseldorf Airport then train(this seems the cheapest than other 2 I mentioned) 

There is plenty other options. Hopefully this helps. Cheers DEL ???

15 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

DEL is our own Alan Whicker ! :D

19 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Looks like it may be cheaper to fly to Frankfurt if there is a group and hire a car (or get a train I guess ) , I am thinking of going my self with Family £229 to Fly to Frankfurt from Stanstead and £109 for a car for a few days 

2 hours ago, JG400 said:

Looks like it may be cheaper to fly to Frankfurt if there is a group and hire a car (or get a train I guess ) , I am thinking of going my self with Family £229 to Fly to Frankfurt from Stanstead and £109 for a car for a few days 

Frankfurt is the best option, then train from the airport( Flughafen) there is a direct train that takes about 50 minutes, there is also one that changes at Mannheim. If you take the one via Mannheim, you just get off and walk to the other side of the platform you arrive on and get on the next train. Tickets can be pre-purchased easily here https://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml German trains are usually super efficient. Also, if you stand on the platform in the zone shown on the graphics on the station timetables, the train will stop exactly where is should, so identify your train, then the bar carriage and wait, when it stops you walk straight on to the train where the bar is .

Do not go to Frankfurt Hahn it is in the middle of nowhere and does not have train links, as far as I remember.

On 10 July 2016 at 13:26, hales300k said:

what,s the nearest airport ? did bohemians and utrecht , had a great time on both , bit skint after a trip to the euros but be a nice pre season weekender

I would personally fly into Basel. Use easy jet, they fly regularly from Manchester or London to Basel. Then take the train up to Karlsruhe it is direct, cheap and always on time..! For accomodation definitely stay in Germany don't be tempted to get back to Basel it's just ridiculously expensive. Karlsruhe is a very good night out but my choice would probably be Freiburg a short train ride away, awesome place full of bars and restataunts and a cool student town too  

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I would personally fly into Basel. Use easy jet, they fly regularly from Manchester or London to Basel. Then take the train up to Karlsruhe it is direct, cheap and always on time..! For accomodation definitely stay in Germany don't be tempted to get back to Basel it's just ridiculously expensive. Karlsruhe is a very good night out but my choice would probably be Freiburg a short train ride away, awesome place full of bars and restataunts and a cool student town too  

Oxymoron alert...

23 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Freiburg is a good night out too - but it can't live up to Karlsruhe in my opinion.. lots of nice bars there in Karlsruhe. Or just go to Stuttgart. Probably the best place of these 3 cities - beautiful city, lots of places to see and visit, good bars - and for sure - Germany's nicest stadium, Waldaustadion ;)

1 hour ago, GermanRam said:

Freiburg is a good night out too - but it can't live up to Karlsruhe in my opinion.. lots of nice bars there in Karlsruhe. Or just go to Stuttgart. Probably the best place of these 3 cities - beautiful city, lots of places to see and visit, good bars - and for sure - Germany's nicest stadium, Waldaustadion ;)

Doesn't ring a bell... there must be another one too?

But agreed, Stuttgart is worth visiting.

On 12/07/2016 at 10:48, MuespachRam said:

All booked , making 6 days of it , Fly in Saturday at 9:40 Basel , pick up hire car , Drive to Karlsruhe and stopping in AirBNB  till Friday , I am hoping I am not cutting it fine for 3:30 Kick off!!

After Saturday  5 days to explore the area

:)

C

I'm pretty much new fan and used to non / lower league footy in general but gone for it and got ST for iPro this season. Basically I bought a ticket for the Chesterfield friendly next week but then a few days later my mate (Owls fan BOO! ) said he wanted to come too so I got him one separate. Do we have to sit in the seat numbers we have been given (which are not together as purchased days apart) or do we have to sit where our tickets specify?

If it's a friendly does it matter and will it be sold out for Derby fans does anyone know from experience?

Again, apologies. I'm a big club novice.

Apologies also for mentioning Chesterfield when most are mentioning places in Germany and Portugal!:lol:

Im guessing its unlikely to be a sell out n few stewards so wont be too bothered if u move abouta bit. Just make sure none of the other seats nearby a re sold. 

Cant see why people waste shed loads of money on foreign friendlies myself! But im only a half fan I suppose. And of course support man city now. 

26 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm pretty much new fan and used to non / lower league footy in general but gone for it and got ST for iPro this season. Basically I bought a ticket for the Chesterfield friendly next week but then a few days later my mate (Owls fan BOO! ) said he wanted to come too so I got him one separate. Do we have to sit in the seat numbers we have been given (which are not together as purchased days apart) or do we have to sit where our tickets specify?

If it's a friendly does it matter and will it be sold out for Derby fans does anyone know from experience?

Again, apologies. I'm a big club novice.

Apologies also for mentioning Chesterfield when most are mentioning places in Germany and Portugal!:lol:

Yes re tickets seats. We usually takes decent numbers to Sheffield United and Chesterfield. Enjoy! 

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Im guessing its unlikely to be a sell out n few stewards so wont be too bothered if u move abouta bit. Just make sure none of the other seats nearby a re sold. 

Cant see why people waste shed loads of money on foreign friendlies myself! But im only a half fan I suppose. And of course support man city now. 

Cheers for that.

I only live 2 minutes away from the Prozac so we'll just head on down and play it by ear on the night. Do these friendlies not sell out then? Just thought that with Chez Vegas only being up the road, it being a tenner and Derby having a large support base then it would have been. Obviously it's only a friendly but hard to gauge I guess?

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers for that.

I only live 2 minutes away from the Prozac so we'll just head on down and play it by ear on the night. Do these friendlies not sell out then? Just thought that with Chez Vegas only being up the road, it being a tenner and Derby having a large support base then it would have been. Obviously it's only a friendly but hard to gauge I guess?

We sold out last time at Chesterfield which was we won 4-5 or something like that. We took decent numbers to Grimsby Northampton last year 

Archived