Will Hughes

Bris Vegas

This story is a load of s***e. They dont need anyone to boost their homegrown figures.... they have double figures in this department already whereas only 8 are needed in the 25 and 4 i think from their own acedemy. On the point of selling hughes this isnt feasible.... at the moment he would command a fee of 15-20m... whereas if we go up and he excels in the prem then you can more than double that fee.... 35-40m atleast we know he is that good. Before anyone says im being biased you only have to look at the fee paid for sterling.... the 50m tags on barkley and stones.... to know that the price of young english players is extortionate. Dont sell anytime soon for 15 odd mill.... wait till we go up and after a year get well over double that fee.... then let him have the platform for which his talents truly deserve

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

This story is a load of s***e. They dont need anyone to boost their homegrown figures.... they have double figures in this department already whereas only 8 are needed in the 25 and 4 i think from their own acedemy. On the point of selling hughes this isnt feasible.... at the moment he would command a fee of 15-20m... whereas if we go up and he excels in the prem then you can more than double that fee.... 35-40m atleast we know he is that good. Before anyone says im being biased you only have to look at the fee paid for sterling.... the 50m tags on barkley and stones.... to know that the price of young english players is extortionate. Dont sell anytime soon for 15 odd mill.... wait till we go up and after a year get well over double that fee.... then let him have the platform for which his talents truly deserve

If he goes up and excels in the prem, even if only until January, you think we will get £35-40 million for a player with 6 months left on their contract? Is this a Brexit thing?

31 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

If he goes up and excels in the prem, even if only until January, you think we will get £35-40 million for a player with 6 months left on their contract? Is this a Brexit thing?

No because he will have signed a new contract by then.... sigh 

28 minutes ago, DCFC 4 LIFE 123 said:

Pearson said Hughes and Hendrick are staying

If your slightly paranoid like myself and read between the lines of everything he's not really said they are staying or leaving and personally I think one of the two (Hendrick) will be sold... "We will do our best to keep hold of our best players" "they are assets and if you lose your assets you lose them on your own terms"

Yeah absolutely has not said theyre staying. That was just a more wordy version of "everyone has a price". Which is true. 

Whle it's only the start of the summer, I'm told there's not been any interest in Will whatsoever. It's possibly a case of wanting to see him prove his fitness after being out almost the entirety of last campaign. And that's likely because Derby are strong financially so it would have to be a mega-bid to land him. Who's going to risk eight-figure sums on a player who's just had an ACL injury?

I would love Will to have an immense season, stepping up to dominate Championship midfields and help lead us to promotion, and then cement our place in the top flight. So, I'm happy to hear this and hope the rest of the forum is too.

In today's over inflated market you gotta think big, i mean huge with the motto of to hesitate is to lose

If Jose asks how much, we can say 30 million and if he tries to haggle bump it up to 40 and he'll jump on it before it reaches 50

PistoldPete2
35 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

It's not about your financial muscle, it's about the FFP, to make major investment we would need to sell to balance the FFP books

We have already sold shotton and albentosa may follow. Others could go if we bring in more players but we don't need to sell the Crown Jewels. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We have already sold shotton and albentosa may follow. Others could go if we bring in more players but we don't need to sell the Crown Jewels. 

Shotton, Warnock and Sammon (don't know how much of his wages we were paying still) already off the wage bill all rumoured to be big earners id hazard a guess we're already 30-40k a week better off than last season. 

I know what you are saying PP2, it's not that I don't want us to buy big or sell our best players, but we spend £25m last year, how much more do we spend before we hit our FFP limit, we have sold what £2m worth plus wages ( as well those released). For the type of player we want is it enough?

17 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whle it's only the start of the summer, I'm told there's not been any interest in Will whatsoever. It's possibly a case of wanting to see him prove his fitness after being out almost the entirety of last campaign. And that's likely because Derby are strong financially so it would have to be a mega-bid to land him. Who's going to risk eight-figure sums on a player who's just had an ACL injury?

I would love Will to have an immense season, stepping up to dominate Championship midfields and help lead us to promotion, and then cement our place in the top flight. So, I'm happy to hear this and hope the rest of the forum is too.

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Wages

Accept nothing less than 20m.. If Ritchie is worth 12m then surely Will is worth at least that, he's the one player we could sell for mega money, 20m would be great, if we could push it to 25m and wipe out last seasons catastrophic spending then that would be awesome. 

Archived