Fixture Release Date

Kernow

The fixtures for this reason are released tomorrow morning at 9am. Who would you like up first? Any preferable games at any preferable times?

We'll probably end up with a new team to the division more often than not over the years. I'll guess that we play Wigan at home first day.

Also, when the full list is released please refrain from posting the entire schedule. Unless things have changed I believe that unofficial sites such as this do not have permission to list a full fixture list? I could be wrong but I believe that's the case.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Also, when the full list is released please refrain from posting the entire schedule. Unless things have changed I believe that unofficial sites such as this do not have permission to list a full fixture list? I could be wrong but I believe that's the case.

Not actually sure anymore, looks like the company Dataco lost in court

On Monday 12 November 2012, the long running claim brought by the English and Scottish professional football leagues ("the Leagues"), their licensing agent, Football DataCo ("FDC"), and its sub-contractor PA Sport ("the Claimants") was brought to an end. The Claimants told the Court of Appeal that following the European Court of Justice's decision "CJEU Judgment"). [4][5] They accepted they did not have rights in the Fixture Lists enabling them to charge licence fees for use of their fixture lists - some four years after the case had begun.

At the hearing, the Court of Appeal declared that:

Neither database copyright nor sui generis database rights subsists in the EU in Fixtures Lists.

Ordered Football DataCo, PA Sport (FDC's sub-contractor) and the Football League Limited to carry a message on their respective websites for a month clarifying the position in the following form: Following the decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union dated 1 March 2012 in Case C-604/10 Football Dataco Ltd v Yahoo! UK Ltd & Others (click here), it has been determined that neither copyright nor sui generis database rights subsist in the EU in fixture lists for the English and Scottish football leagues."

Ordered that the Claimants pay the costs of the Defendants (namely Yahoo! Stan James, Stan James (Abingdon) and Enetpulse).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_DataCo 

Didn't take long. Funny thing is theres a copyright on the email so I can't screenshot :lol: but....

You no longer need to have a license to publish the fixtures. 

We offer a service to deliver the fixtures to you but there is a cost for this.

37 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Newcastle away! Its my birthday before the opening weekend and we have decided whoever we get first is the place we go to have a piss up so the opening fixture is more significant to me this year then ever!

Are you looking forward to a night out in Burton then? Lol

Opening Day - Barnsley (H)

Forest Games - Oct (H)/Jan (A)

Boxing Day - Ipswich (A)

Last Day - Villa (H)

Looking forward to Newcastle away, unless it's midweek in which case I may personally take a piece of pressure treated 2x4 to the fixture computer...

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Are you looking forward to a night out in Burton then? Lol

some of work mates are from burton and say its alright! so yeah!

The only issue would be someone like Newcastle home because we will struggle to watch the match and then get up to Newcastle but when that bridge comes...

Predictions:

Opening Day - Villa (H)

Forest Games - Sept (H) Jan (A)

Boxing Day - Leeds (A)

Last Day - Birmingham (H)

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

When are the league cup fixtures out? Don't these usually come out the week before the league fixtures?

I've just seen on Twitter that the draw is 1pm tomorrow. We are a North seeded side (last season we were South) so we will be drawn against a North unseeded side. The possibilities are:

image.png

Archived