Jonathan Kodjia - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

This thread is going round in circles

Everyone must have had their day by now? 

New information please. ...

They've greenlit a follow up to 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' already... Even though the first isn't even out...

That good enough information?

19 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

If only it were that simple! But agree it would be good if we could find a few gems like we did with the players of the past, baiano eranio etc

To be fair, our entire starting eleven at Wembley only cost £200,000 more than Kodjia cost Brizzle! That's not even taking into account the wheeler-dealing we did selling Shackell and signing Keogh!

10 minutes ago, cannable said:

When you're bringing players through the academy and hunting for gems the market never changes! 

I think he meant vs the Eranio etc days... Which was the early years after the Bosman ruling and therefore was a different market for European players coming in to England...

40 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think he meant vs the Eranio etc days... Which was the early years after the Bosman ruling and therefore was a different market for European players coming in to England...

Indeed, also add to that that it's not just the very top teams anymore with extensive scouting networks and contacts. Even second tier teams are scouting all over Europe now.

31 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Indeed, also add to that that it's not just the very top teams anymore with extensive scouting networks and contacts. Even second tier teams are scouting all over Europe now.

Does that include us? If so, we don't seem to have had much of a return on the time and money invested, particularly when you compare with a club such as Leicester!

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Does that include us? If so, we don't seem to have had much of a return on the time and money invested, particularly when you compare with a club such as Leicester!

That'd be because most of our foreign scouting has been fir the academy

although I would agree it would be nice to be able to find these gems for ourselves rather than having to pay a premium the season after

13 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

That'd be because most of our foreign scouting has been fir the academy

although I would agree it would be nice to be able to find these gems for ourselves rather than having to pay a premium the season after

We don't know that absolutely... we could have an extensive scouting network for players across the world... they just haven't found many yet... Albentosa and Camara so far apparently...

9 hours ago, JJH said:

Villa have tabled a bid for Kodjia today. Clubs have been informed of what we value him at, lets see if anyone pays it.

Or not. LJ was asked in his post-match presser about it, and said it was ******** and they wouldn't entertain any bids.

Nothing to see here chaps :whistle:

1 minute ago, JJH said:

Or not. LJ was asked in his post-match presser about it, and said it was ******** and they wouldn't entertain any bids.

Nothing to see here chaps :whistle:

Apologies in advance because this sounds like a really cocky, self entitled statement that you'll hear from me and many other Derby fans .... but Dyche, Irvine, Bruce and Powell have all in recent seasons said the exact same thing about their players when we'd shown an interest and weeks later the player had signed. Kodjia may very well be different but if he's top of the shopping list and we aren't close to FFP limits (no one seems to know where we stand with that), there's a strong chance we'll be able to negotiate a deal with you and convince Kodjia to come. Similarly, Pearson has recently said pretty much that Hendrick isn't for sale but I still expect he'll leave after Burnley up their offer.

I personally don't think he's a priority as we've got Martin, Weimann, Russell, Blackman and Bent who can all play down the middle and there's been no rumours whatsoever about any of those leaving. 

Just now, North_Stand_Ram said:

A good player yes but he's had 1 season at a decent level... I know the market values are crazy at the minute, but I'd rather us splash on someone a tad more proven 

I'd rather take a gamble on someone unproven with a bit of potential. 

We've got Darren Bent and Chris Martin, I don't know if we need anymore proven than that. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We've got Darren Bent and Chris Martin, I don't know if we need anymore proven than that. 

Gambles are great, but when a team are asking for circa 10m, the gamble isn't worth it 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Me too, although I wouldn't say no to Wells if he were available.

Archived