Pearson Out!

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here, what better time than now!!!!!

Now lets not be daft, give Nigel Pearson our full support. He's a good appointment. A full pre-season and a new season ahead with a very good squad as a starting point.

COME ON YOU RAMS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't u start a Mel Morris out post too, for the same reasons. Although 33% voted for pearson, almost twice as many as other candidates,, it will only take a few bad performances for some mug to point the finger at Mels decisions again.... 

16 minutes ago, nfb said:

Why don't u start a Mel Morris out post too, for the same reasons. Although 33% voted for pearson, almost twice as many as other candidates,, it will only take a few bad performances for some mug to point the finger at Mels decisions again.... 

Read the post ya daftie.

You may joke, but...

On 3 August 2013, first day of the season, City played Middlesbrough at the Riverside. When the City team was announced, someone posted on the Foxes Talk forum "How does Pearson have the nerve to play Drinkwater and Vardy? I know it's early doors, but Pearson OUT!" This was before a ball had been kicked that season.

As you might have guessed/hoped, Drinkwater and Vardy both scored in a 2-1 victory against Middlesbrough, we got promoted that season as Champions, with Vardy our top scorer and Drinkwater our player of the season.

And if there is any justice, both Vardy and Drinkwater will star for England in the Euros.

I still hate Pearson for his time at Leicester, his bulley boy tactics, his blatently obnoxuious persona.

The guy is a grade A d***.

Yet, because of experience and limited success he is seen as the messiah.

Meanwhile, we had one of our own in charge who optimised the derby way (through giving youth a chance, and promoting football expressed with freedom and encourgement) and we slate him to within an inch of his life and call him out of his depth. Most rams fans showed their true colours in their diabolic treatment of him in my opinion. Despite it being Mels decision to put him into that position in the first place.

I think its fair to say I have different opions to the majority of rams fans.

First case being, its not all about promotion, if it leaves us in a mess like the Billy Davies era.

Build the right way, and have an identity is much more important even if its not conclusuive to winning in the short term.

I dont know what our identity is anymore.

I dont really want premiership football if it means trying to get 8 wins a season to avoid relegation against getting 20 + wins a season and being a big fish in the championship.

Football isnt just about winning titles, sometimes its just having a football club, and thanking your lucky stars you dont have a Leeds/ Charlton type regime and thankfully not going the same way as Portsmouth or Bolton with debts threatning extinction..

We should all support our team through thick and thin.

If thin is defined by a third place finish, a 5th place finish and 1 point off 5th (all be it 8th) in 3 years then might aswell go and support Chelsea or Man Utd.

16 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I still hate Pearson for his time at Leicester, his bulley boy tactics, his blatently obnoxuious persona.

Meanwhile, we had one of our own in charge who optimised the derby way (through giving youth a chance, and promoting football expressed with freedom and encourgement) and we slate him to within an inch of his life and call him out of his depth. Most rams fans showed their true colours in their diabolic treatment of him in my opinion. Despite it being Mels decision to put him into that position in the first place.

First case being, its not all about promotion, if it leaves us in a mess like the Billy Davies era.

Build the right way, and have an identity is much more important even if its not conclusuive to winning in the short term.

I dont really want premiership football if it means trying to get 8 wins a season to avoid relegation against getting 20 + wins a season and being a big fish in the championship.

Football isnt just about winning titles, sometimes its just having a football club, and thanking your lucky stars you dont have a Leeds/ Charlton type regime and thankfully not going the same way as Portsmouth or Bolton with debts threatning extinction..

If thin is defined by a third place finish, a 5th place finish and 1 point off 5th (all be it 8th) in 3 years then might aswell go and support Chelsea or Man Utd.

But Pearson's great strength is in building a team and a squad. He's not short term 'quick fix' merchant like Billy or Warnock.

I understand your comments about Wassall, and your concerns over Pearson's personality, but I don't think that your issues with the football side of things are at all logical.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

I'm a little more optimistic about Pearson, but other than that I share your sentiment 100%

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I'm a little more optimistic about Pearson, but other than that I share your sentiment 100%

I've not expressed an opinion about Nigel Pearson - it's not my place to do so. He's got the job, so he gets my 100% support until the day he leaves.

As always.

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 14:47, jagerbob said:

My point is, if Pearson came here and gave his first interview and said. "I am not targeting the premiership as it is much more exciting to stay in the championship and win 20+ games every year" I for one would think that shows a lack of ambition and I would not want a manager with a lack of ambition. Leicester if nothing else has given every one that belief, but we are not going to achieve by staying where we are.

I am 100% behind any manager that we appoint, but I may be in the minority as I saw Darren as the  man who would be the one who would be appointed. 

Everything about him said "Derby Way" and with time and patience I think he could have done a good job. 

Nigel and Chris are a good combo though and with Nigel it could go one of two ways. We could be brilliant and move forward quickly or it could end in tears with a clash of egos and a lot of the good work done in the last few years could be lost. 

I hope massive squad and formation changes are not the plan. We are a top championship side with a good team. No major surgery is required. 

Archived