Who will want to come to Derby as Manager

Curtains

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Who would want to come to Derby? Plenty of people, get a grip.

We're not poorly run. We're on our third manager in 12 months but we're also on our 4th manager in 7 years. Watford had 4 managers in one season and still went up. We've got some of the largest resources within our division. We have great facilities, a great youth team. We have everything in place to become a Premier League team bar the squad which isn't far off.

Yet you still question whether managers would want to come here. Just wow...

You will see. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Depend on terms and conditions I'd say. 

Birmingham are owned by a Chinese business man who is in jail in honk kong for money laundering and all there assets were frozen , I'd say the terms and conditions would be slightly better with us :D

re Warnock and Rotherham

He only went on a short contract to keep them up and has thoroughly enjoyed himself there.  But his home, son  and heart are in the West Country.   Being a winter trouble-shooter suits him.

Yes he is and still has a home in Sheffield.     But he now lives where the beaches are warm and sunny and is determined to enjoy every minute of bringing up his young son having not spent enough time with the older child(ren).  Think he is called William and he dotes on him. 

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Just a fact that the Derby Way might put some prospective managers off and they might turn it down leaving Wassall clear for the job Edward 

50% win record.

What's not to like?

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

You just can't get enough of me :wub:

Be honest you loved the puns I did on Leicester winning the league :thumbsup:

I did indeed.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Is Wassall the only option now !

After sacking McClaren and Clement. 

If Forest and Leeds can still appoint managers I would guess that the queue of managers wanting the job would be stretch as far back as Burger King from the iPro. 

Lot's of managers get sacked which is seen as being harsh, that's football. If any manager feared getting the sack they wouldn't be in the game.

Archived