Curtains

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Come get a ******* grip mate

We have best supporters best stadium and a good team and mel

With money to spend

But that won't sway a manager if he's not allowed to manage on his own terms. 

13 minutes ago, curtains said:

Is Wassall the only option now !

After sacking McClaren and Clement. 

Sacking is the usual way of departure for a manager from a club nowadays. I don't see why that should put anyone off.

2 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

Sacking is the usual way of departure for a manager from a club nowadays. I don't see why that should put anyone off.

A Manager needs assurances he can Manage on his own terms. 

Will he get that at Derby.

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Come get a ******* grip mate

We have best supporters best stadium and a good team and mel

With money to spend

I read your post without my glasses on and read your second line as "We have best supporters best stadium and a good team and me!" :D

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

No!!

I think we forget what a great job Derby is. Top stadium, class training facilities, good level of investment and fans that back the team every week home and away.

Brendan Rodgers for me #1 choice, then Rowett #2 choice

4 minutes ago, RichardsonRam88 said:

No!!

I think we forget what a great job Derby is. Top stadium, class training facilities, good level of investment and fans that back the team every week home and away.

Brendan Rodgers for me #1 choice, then Rowett #2 choice

We will see what develops . But Wassall could get it for lack of interest from other managers 

I think that Mel gets one slightly 'odd' sacking before people start to categorise him as a 'loopy' chairman. I reckon that McLaren made his position untenable, so Mel gets no blame there. Sacking Clement whilst 5th will have raised a few eyebrows, but most will just assume that background factors had come into play - but if Mel does something similar again perspective candidates will be put off.

As it stands, many decent candidates are likely to be interested. Certainly Mel could easily put them off by making it clear that their hands would be tied and that he'd be intervening regularly, but I trust that Mel will recognise his own mistakes and allow the new manager to manage.

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

A Manager needs assurances he can Manage on his own terms. 

Will he get that at Derby.

I'm sure every manager in football has to operate within a certain framework and no one is given complete carte blanche. The question will be whether prospective candidates are happy to operate within our framework which I'm sure will be defined to them.

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why don't you and McRammyboy offer to do it? After all, you both think you have all the answers.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Why don't you and McRammyboy offer to do it? After all, you both think you have all the answers.

Just a fact that the Derby Way might put some prospective managers off and they might turn it down leaving Wassall clear for the job Edward 

Who would want to come to Derby? Plenty of people, get a grip.

We're not poorly run. We're on our third manager in 12 months but we're also on our 4th manager in 7 years. Watford had 4 managers in one season and still went up. We've got some of the largest resources within our division. We have great facilities, a great youth team. We have everything in place to become a Premier League team bar the squad which isn't far off.

Yet you still question whether managers would want to come here. Just wow...

Archived