Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

I don't know if I'm missing something here and don't get me wrong I do think we need a new striker to complement/ replace what we have, but surely the emphasis has to be to improve the creativity in our side??

i wouldn't be too dissapointed to see any of our strikers leave, barring vydra of course. But based on the games we have seen so far this season, how many opportunities have been created for the front men?

if I was given a choice over a new attacking midfielder, ideally a wide man or a new striker, is much prefer a wide man.

dont quite get the fuss for a new striker to be our main priority today!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

I don't know if I'm missing something here and don't get me wrong I do think we need a new striker to complement/ replace what we have, but surely the emphasis has to be to improve the creativity in our side??

i wouldn't be too dissapointed to see any of our strikers leave, barring vydra of course. But based on the games we have seen so far this season, how many opportunities have been created for the front men?

if I was given a choice over a new attacking midfielder, ideally a wide man or a new striker, is much prefer a wide man.

Because in Hughes and Bryson you have two of the most creative midfielders in the league and ince played centrally isn't far off. The former two are lying deep currently, so the reality is we already have what you're asking for. In fact butterfield is one too many. 

I think Ulloa would be a good shout. Would fit the big striker mould we are led to believe Vydra needs. 

Leicester are looking to sign Slimani so they would be top  heavy on strikers... Ulloa might be tempted by guaranteed 1st team football, even in the division below.

5 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

I agree we need more but I think a defensive midfielder would allow the players we have to move further forward and create the chances you speak of.

I also think we're crying out for cover at full back.

Olssen and Christie aren't going to see us into the top six.

I just think it seems that what Pearson wants, although early days, is very much like at Leicester. 

They had a solid defence, the 2 central midfielders breaking up play to then allow the 2 wide men and 2 strikers make things happen, plenty of pace and getting at their opponents, I think we seriously lack pace and when Russell and Blackman do attempt to run at the full backs they soon turn back and play a ball back or inside. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree we need more but I think a defensive midfielder would allow the players we have to move further forward and create the chances you speak of.

I also think we're crying out for cover at full back.

Olssen and Christie aren't going to see us into the top six.

I agree with u mate, I understand why Pearson has waited to do any dealings in the market, but all has been left abit too late for me, think there are too many concerns that need addressing and I don't think we will address enough of them today in my opinion.

As get Ulloa you may as well

keep Martin. Younger and more prolific. That said if Martin does end up going would be happy with Ulloa. Assombalonga would be brilliant but agree it's a pipe dream

interesting no one is talking about, decent player on a free, not been prolific but this due to be constantly played out of position. Could be a shout.

18 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As get Ulloa you may as well

keep Martin. Younger and more prolific. That said if Martin does end up going would be happy with Ulloa. Assombalonga would be brilliant but agree it's a pipe dream

interesting no one is talking about, decent player on a free, not been prolific but this due to be constantly played out of position. Could be a shout.

I think we need a big strong striker to hold the ball up, win flick ons for Vydra to run on to. Whilst I think Martin could play this role he always seems to want to hit the deck as soon as there is any hint of pressure from a defender. 

As great as he has been for us, I think it's a good time to move him on especially for a tidy profit.

18 minutes ago, big bad ram said:

I think we need a big strong striker to hold the ball up, win flick ons for Vydra to run on to. Whilst I think Martin could play this role he always seems to want to hit the deck as soon as there is any hint of pressure from a defender. 

As great as he has been for us, I think it's a good time to move him on especially for a tidy profit.

Any fee would be a tidy profit though wouldn't it? I thought he came on a free. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't see anything of any significance happening today, Hendrick may well leave but I can see that being it.

There are not even any sniffs of something happening, I think we knew about Johnson this time last year.

I was hoping for another big signing or two, but it isn't looking that way.

Im not to bothered about a big signing or 2 just think we need a few fresh faces, I'll be very disappointed if we don't sign anyone 

29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was at both Barnsley and Burton to witness two of the worst performances I have seen from Derby, reminded me of he early Clough days losing to Ssausagehorpe in the snow.

If ever you needed evidence that this team needed ripping up, those two games were it.

Agreed. That's what NP pretty much said afterwards - but diplomatically. Now he's doing just that but can only go so fast. He had the choice when he came in to go with his gut and start ripping or to give the existing squad a chance: chance given, now the underperformers will be marginalised and moved. Positive is the defensive side where we are mostly good so far.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It will take a couple of transfer windows and this could be one of the only times when doing business in January would make sense.

With the money villa and Newcastle have spent u would hope they wouldn't be spending too much in January. 

Might be a few players pretty pissed off by January.. although I doubt Villa/Newcastle will sell to division rivals.

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

Might be a few players pretty pissed off by January.. although I doubt Villa/Newcastle will sell to division rivals.

I suspect there will be a lot players not getting any football this season once the transfer window shuts and there is no 'emergency loan window' January window may well prove to be more interesting? 

Crazy different times regarding all transfers this season mainly due to the new money ( what happens if the likes off BT pull out of their sponsorship in the next few years) 

Archived