Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Gunter for £1.2 million and Gunnarsson for £2 million would be very shrewd business. That coupled with the seemingly unlikely, but much proposed Forestieri deal would conclude a successful transfer window!

COYR 

Are we talking about Chris Gunter here? That would be worse than signing Clod Davis for £3,000,000, he's absolutely ****.

2 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Bamford to wigan for £3m in the sun

In an over inflated market tgus strikes me as a good deal and one i wish we were making

Probably untrue though considering the source

Nah, we'll wait till he bangs 20 in for Wigan this season then bid £12m for him next summer #thederbyway

Bamford's a lovely player in little moments. Not a Pearson player by any means though I wouldn't think.

Gunter any better than Cyrus?

FF deal would seem extremely unlikely but cracking player.

2 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

Gunter for £1.2 million and Gunnarsson for £2 million would be very shrewd business. That coupled with the seemingly unlikely, but much proposed Forestieri deal would conclude a successful transfer window!

COYR 

Well Gunter is worse than Christie, Gunnarsson is worse than Thorne and Forestieri is maybe slightly better than Ince. So we'll have spent a big chunk of money to overall make our first XI worse.  Sounds like last summer all over again.

17 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Well Gunter is worse than Christie, Gunnarsson is worse than Thorne and Forestieri is maybe slightly better than Ince. So we'll have spent a big chunk of money to overall make our first XI worse.  Sounds like last summer all over again.

Maybe slightly better than Ince hahahahahahaha

2 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Bamford to wigan for £3m in the sun

In an over inflated market tgus strikes me as a good deal and one i wish we were making

Probably untrue though considering the source

Tried and failed at recent clubs, clearly a Championship player. 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He didn't do too bad in the euros, he got to the semi finals, further than any of our English right backs have been since 1996 and since the World Cup of 1990.

Problem is we're being linked with 2 players following decent Euros performances. That's a recipe for paying too much for an average player. Same as we are asking for big fee for Jeff. He hasn't drastically improved after 4 games at the Euros, just put himself into a larger shop window.

Walker/Clyne two of our better performers, so that's not really a valid point either, but think you were trying to say that Gunter was key member of a well organised team.

3 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

Their records for last season are basically the same.  Ince's records for that 6 months he was on loan are far far better than Forestieri's last season.

If(big if) we did sign Forestieri he would play alongside Ince, not to replace him

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If(big if) we did sign Forestieri he would play alongside Ince, not to replace him

In the 4411 we've been playing? They're both supporting strikers in that formation.  Unless Ince gets shifted out to the wing, but he's not a pacy 'get to the byline and cross' type.

8 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

In the 4411 we've been playing? They're both supporting strikers in that formation.  Unless Ince gets shifted out to the wing, but he's not a pacy 'get to the byline and cross' type.

Forestieri is a centre attacking midfielder but is very good on the left hand side and drifts there when wanting to cut inside. I think Pearson wants the 3 attackers behind the striker to be fluid and interchangable

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Forestieri is a centre attacking midfielder but is very good on the left hand side and drifts there when wanting to cut inside. I think Pearson wants the 3 attackers behind the striker to be fluid and interchangeable

Martin

Forestieri              Hughes                  Ince

Gunnarsson            Thorne

Forsyth       Shackell          Keogh      Gunter

Carson

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Forestieri is a centre attacking midfielder but is very good on the left hand side and drifts there when wanting to cut inside. I think Pearson wants the 3 attackers behind the striker to be fluid and interchangable

That's not how we've set up so far though - they've been pretty rigid, with the 2 wingers sticking to their touchlines and Ince/Martin pushing up right alongside Bent.

Archived