New mood/goal celebration lighting?

Boycie

Anyone else see some weird new (lights) ? Around the perimeter or the roof of the iPro?

are they LED colour changing floods for use at night matches and after goals and pre match stuff?

have I missed an announcement?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Anyone else see some weird new (lights) ? Around the perimeter or the roof of the iPro?

are they LED colour changing floods for use at night matches and after goals and pre match stuff?

Well the after goals light shyte will have to wait a while.

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

Maybe it's saddos like me who look up at lights and stuff, bet not many others notice.

No I saw them too but couldn't work them out.

LED lights don't "flood" in the same way that conventional halogen bulbs do so there didn't seem to be enough of them for illumination purposes.

But on the other hand mood lighting is usually angled differently - more down and backwards towards the people rather than outwards to the pitch. 

My only conclusion was the desperate sadness of musing over lamp clusters on what I'd hoped would be our biggest home game of the season.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well they can't be for illuminating the pitch during play as there are some derectly behind the goals.

Hull City has LED floodlighting btw.

We do indeed, for those coming up on Tuesday, you'll get to see a light show ahead of kick off and when we score.

Only us and Chelsea have them in England, though they seem better at using them than we do.

1 hour ago, Lambrettaman said:

We do indeed, for those coming up on Tuesday, you'll get to see a light show ahead of kick off and when we score.

Only us and Chelsea have them in England, though they seem better at using them than we do.

Don't you mean IF you score? 

I noticed these the other week before the Ipswich game. They had only put a few in on the west stand, about 8 in total.

I took a picture of them yesterday and tweeted the club asking if they were for a KC Stadium style light show but havent heard anything back.

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

No I saw them too but couldn't work them out.

LED lights don't "flood" in the same way that conventional halogen bulbs do so there didn't seem to be enough of them for illumination purposes.

But on the other hand mood lighting is usually angled differently - more down and backwards towards the people rather than outwards to the pitch. 

My only conclusion was the desperate sadness of musing over lamp clusters on what I'd hoped would be our biggest home game of the season.

Any electrician worth his salt would know that.

18 hours ago, Boycie said:

What was the point of the breakfast if you didn't get your name on the list of preferred contractors?

20 hours ago, Boycie said:

It's 'Philips Hue' LED lighting controlled from Mel's mobile.

You can get them from the Apple Store.

51 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Indeed so.

But as a fifty something in the City I was irrationally pleased with myself for recalling something from A levels 1982 ?

Now you've gone and p***ed on my metaphorical firecrackers. ...

Sorry :(

54 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Indeed so.

But as a fifty something in the City I was irrationally pleased with myself for recalling something from A levels 1982 ?

Now you've gone and p***ed on my metaphorical firecrackers. ...

Like I say, Hull have got LED flood lights.

if you think pitch flood lights are Halogen mate, I'd stay in the city anorl 

x

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Like I say, Hull have got LED flood lights.

if you think pitch flood lights are Halogen mate, I'd stay in the city anorl 

x

Perhaps was thinking tungsten from the 1970s. 

Nah - don't know what I'm talking about. I'm obviously safer designing securitised financial instruments to flog to an unsuspecting world...?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Perhaps was thinking tungsten from the 1970s. 

Nah - don't know what I'm talking about. I'm obviously safer designing securitised financial instruments to flog to an unsuspecting world...?

Banker!

Archived