George Thorne

Kernow

Sith Happens

I have only just seen the tackle on the highlights, I had seen the stills which made it look bad, but it does look bad too from on video. Appears to go in studs up and doesnt get anywhere near the ball as George puts a shot in which another player blocked.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

This thread on the TWTD forum..http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/374241/george-thorne/#32

Now its not too bad in the main however one poster goes on to say:

Derby head coach Darren Wassall was disappointed with Jonathan Douglas’s tackle which led to George Thorne suffering a suspected fracture of the right shin.

“If you see the tackle, I think it was a little bit of a naughty tackle,”he insisted. “I’m not very pleased with the tackle.”

Disappointing when managers come out with this kind of statement

Erm...no, its more disappointing when you get your leg broken by a bad challenge....

having seen it again, I can't understand how the ref waved it away, it was late studs up and left a player with a broken leg.

I'm sure the Ipswich guy "didn't mean to" and wanted to try to block the shot, but got it so badly wrong and I thought there were consequences for that level of wrong in the modern game?

Still fuming. Not because GT played, not because he wasn't subbed, but because one stupid moment from a team of cloggers has had such an effect on our play off chances. Just one moment of daftness. Couldn't have been foreseen by anyone, it's not an old injury or a niggle aggravated, just one guy takes it into his head and that's that.

I'm just fuming because every time we seem to be getting somewhere this season, something happens to mess it up.

And I still stand by my reaction at full time yesterday - Mick McCarthy DIE IN A FIRE!

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

having seen it again, I can't understand how the ref waved it away, it was late studs up and left a player with a broken leg.

I'm sure the Ipswich guy "didn't mean to" and wanted to try to block the shot, but got it so badly wrong and I thought there were consequences for that level of wrong in the modern game?

Still fuming. Not because GT played, not because he wasn't subbed, but because one stupid moment from a team of cloggers has had such an effect on our play off chances. Just one moment of daftness. Couldn't have been foreseen by anyone, it's not an old injury or a niggle aggravated, just one guy takes it into his head and that's that.

I'm just fuming because every time we seem to be getting somewhere this season, something happens to mess it up.

And I still stand by my reaction at full time yesterday - Mick McCarthy DIE IN A FIRE!

The referee had it easy Keogh's penalty, the only surprise was it took him aslong as it did to give that one, he didnt look that badly placed to me to see the George one, but i suppose there was a lot of bodies about.

But the more i watch it the worse it seems to get.

17 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

This thread on the TWTD forum..http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/374241/george-thorne/#32

Now its not too bad in the main however one poster goes on to say:

Derby head coach Darren Wassall was disappointed with Jonathan Douglas’s tackle which led to George Thorne suffering a suspected fracture of the right shin.

“If you see the tackle, I think it was a little bit of a naughty tackle,”he insisted. “I’m not very pleased with the tackle.”

Disappointing when managers come out with this kind of statement

Erm...no, its more disappointing when you get your leg broken by a bad challenge....

I find it amazing when I read these threads just how differently some fans see games

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The referee had it easy Keogh's penalty, the only surprise was it took him aslong as it did to give that one, he didnt look that badly placed to me to see the George one, but i suppose there was a lot of bodies about.

But the more i watch it the worse it seems to get.

I think had the injury not been so obviously a terrible one the players would have appealed for it, I didn't see any appeals from our players.

mind you the ref didn't like giving fouls in our favour all game.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I think had the injury not been so obviously a terrible one the players would have appealed for it, I didn't see any appeals from our players.

mind you the ref didn't like giving fouls in our favour all game.

Agree, i think a pen was the last thing on everyones mind. I didnt even want the 8 minutes added on time, just wanted it over.

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Where are you watching the replay? Sky's highlight package is worthless and the full 90 isn't up on rams player yet. I have to say that it looked like a shocker to me in real time, but I want to see it again as plenty of posters on here were claiming that it was a successful block.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Anon said:

Where are you watching the replay? Sky's highlight package is worthless and the full 90 isn't up on rams player yet. I have to say that it looked like a shocker to me in real time, but I want to see it again as plenty of posters on here were claiming that it was a successful block.

its on the football league show on CH5 on demand, go through to about 27 mins or so.

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

it definitely wasn't a successful block.

2 hours ago, Ramos said:

Although I think hughes is a lot more effective in an advanced position, his performance in the holding role against Sheffield Wednesday assured me he is the next best option. He has the passing ability, the positional and tactical awareness for the position, and he is looking stronger physically now more than ever. He also does not shy away from a tackle. Butterfield can then come in alongside Bryson.

On a side note, I honestly think if I was managing Spurs and I wanted a ready made replacement for dembele in the next season or two , I'd make will my target. The thought of him , alli and Kane developing together in my eyes could be something special. 

The like is for the first bit. 

But I don't even want to think about which team other than ours Will would grace! 

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can you imagine if Stoke sign him............................................!

He wouldn't make the height requirement. Don't you have to be at least 6'2" to play for Stoke?

"Ooo play the same team, keep the momentum" the rest of us suggesting make changes all branded idiots and geaorgie boys broke his leg in a nothing game

i get that a broken leg could happen to anyone of our players at anytime but Thorne with his track record would be a player to wrap in cotton wool 

Just now, G-Ram said:

"Ooo play the same team, keep the momentum" the rest of us suggesting make changes all branded idiots and geaorgie boys broke his leg in a nothing game

i get that a broken leg could happen to anyone of our players at anytime but Thorne with his track record would be a player to wrap in cotton wool 

Yea with his history of breaking bones and all that :huh:

4 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

He used to always play there for Norwich in the Prem and for Leeds in the past, so he is pretty experienced in that position.

He most certainly did not " always play there" for Norwich at all. Their success last season had him floating around high up in midfield.

As for his dirty Leeds days..yup, they were successful were they?!! 

He is not in anyway the right option. In fact I think we are a bit buggered for that style of play now and a rethink is needed. 

4 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

He most certainly did not " always play there" for Norwich at all. Their success last season had him floating around high up in midfield.

As for his dirty Leeds days..yup, they were successful were they?!! 

He is not in anyway the right option. In fact I think we are a bit buggered for that style of play now and a rethink is needed. 

That is why I said in the Prem, look at Norwich's games in the Premier league and Johnson would usually sit back in midfield and that is why he was signed by Norwich from Leeds as we was obviously pretty decent in that position.

Archived