George Thorne

Kernow

15 hours ago, YouRams said:

Classy of the Ipswich player to apologise, bit of a wreckless tackle but you can see in the picture of Thorne his eyes are fixed on the ball. Was good to see a few of the Ipswich players urging the lazy medics to hurry up too. 

I really have to post on this issue, footballers it would appear and also  football fans are blissfully unaware of the issues paramedics have.

They werent lazy yesterady they followed correct procedure

1) The physios went on when the referee stopped play, the paramedics with the first response bags also entered to pitch - obviously going slower for two very good reason - a) the bag is ******* heavy and b) if they run with a heavy bag they increase the risk to themselves of injury through not carrying it properly. This did not delay treatment to Thorne because the Physio was giving first response treatment. Notice none of the DCFC physios or staff were getting on the backs of the medics - probably because they understand the process more than fans

2) The stretcher people took the trolly and stretcher to a position level with Thorne - to make it the shortest possible distance to carry him off the pitch. They then un-clipped the stretcher and when requested by the medics treating Thorne carried it onto the pitch at a safe pace.  Again this did not effect the treatment to Thorne because the medics and Physios were in attendance and preparing Thorne for transfer to the stretcher. I don't know if anyone noticed but the stretcher was at the Physios side for about a minute before they started to actually put George on it.

In short the medics did nothing wrong an to call them lazy show a complete lack of respect and understanding for the job they do

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 23-year-old was taken to hospital after sustaining the injury in the second half of the game.

X-rays and further assessment have confirmed a clean double break and Thorne is expected to be out of action for around three months. 

Everyone connected with Derby County wishes George a speedy and successful recovery.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/george-thorne-injury-confirmed-as-double-break-to-right-leg-3102682.aspx#o80fJiDqFbS7D2OS.99

Only out for 3 months, brilliant news.

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

If the medics have to go slow because of the weight of their equipment why the **** has this not been addressed and they are supplied with some kind of trolley they can run with ?

Sure a broken leg, bad as it is, is not a life threatening injury but Muamba situation is and I would have thought speed would be of the essence. Mel, get on to it.

they have to use NHS provided or approved equipment, not much Mel can do about it.

32 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I really have to post on this issue, footballers it would appear and also  football fans are blissfully unaware of the issues paramedics have.

They werent lazy yesterady they followed correct procedure

1) The physios went on when the referee stopped play, the paramedics with the first response bags also entered to pitch - obviously going slower for two very good reason - a) the bag is ******* heavy and b) if they run with a heavy bag they increase the risk to themselves of injury through not carrying it properly. This did not delay treatment to Thorne because the Physio was giving first response treatment. Notice none of the DCFC physios or staff were getting on the backs of the medics - probably because they understand the process more than fans

2) The stretcher people took the trolly and stretcher to a position level with Thorne - to make it the shortest possible distance to carry him off the pitch. They then un-clipped the stretcher and when requested by the medics treating Thorne carried it onto the pitch at a safe pace.  Again this did not effect the treatment to Thorne because the medics and Physios were in attendance and preparing Thorne for transfer to the stretcher. I don't know if anyone noticed but the stretcher was at the Physios side for about a minute before they started to actually put George on it.

In short the medics did nothing wrong an to call them lazy show a complete lack of respect and understanding for the job they do

I appreciate what you've said but there's no reason the trolly can't be taken by somebody else which would have been closest behind the goal, not in line with where Thorne was and the paramedics enter at the shortest possible distance which would be the halfway line.

They need to get there quicker than what they did even if it was for gas and air to relieve the pain. 

3 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I appreciate what you've said but there's no reason the trolly can't be taken by somebody else which would have been closest behind the goal, not in line with where Thorne was and the paramedics enter at the shortest possible distance which would be the halfway line.

They need to get there quicker than what they did even if it was for gas and air to relieve the pain. 

the paramedics with the equipment did enter at the half way line. The stretcher getting there any earlier would have no bearing on the time it took GT to be treated so it would be pointless taking the stretcher trolley behind the goal.

6 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Over the summer too so he doesn't miss much football and can join in with some of the pre season work.

if it is three months out he won't be doing any preseason, unless they've moved the season start to September

@davenportram it's not a lack of respect I could never do their job, but common sense over procedure for me. JR was screaming over to them as well as the Ipswich players you could see something was seriously wrong and they just looked so casual getting over to him. You see some foreign teams have little buggies it's something that should be introduced over here IMO. 

Archived